Smoking Ban

Old Jun 19th 2006, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

bermudaby is just really nicebermudaby is just really nicebermudaby is just really nicebermudaby is just really nicebermudaby is just really nicebermudaby is just really nicebermudaby is just really nicebermudaby is just really nice
Default Smoking Ban

Is there a smoking ban in Portugal yet?
Old Jun 19th 2006, 1:17 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Smoking Ban

Originally Posted by bermudaby
Is there a smoking ban in Portugal yet?
No
Old Jun 19th 2006, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

bermudaby is just really nicebermudaby is just really nicebermudaby is just really nicebermudaby is just really nicebermudaby is just really nicebermudaby is just really nicebermudaby is just really nicebermudaby is just really nice

Originally Posted by clerigogirl
No
Do you know whether or not they plan to have one - or are they 'fudging' the issue like the Spanish and French!
Old Jun 19th 2006, 1:40 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bermudaby
Do you know whether or not they plan to have one - or are they 'fudging' the issue like the Spanish and French!
Yes there is much controversy as you can probably imagine.
The latest I have read is that the government has relaxed the proposals ie they were going to fine bar owners etc if people were caught smoking,but that has been scrapped.
I really cant see it happening for a good while yet,the Portuguese love to smoke.
I understand that many places in Spain are still allowing smoking,we were there a few weeks ago and only went to one restaurant where you couldnt smoke.
As with all things Portuguese,nothing has been defined yet!
CG