Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Sky/freeview/cable?

Sky/freeview/cable?

Old Oct 22nd 2006, 4:41 pm
Just Joined

joandroy is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Sky/freeview/cable?

Dear all we are hoping to complete our purchase in the Eastern Algarve towards the end of December, and hope someone out there can advise us what options we have with regards to picking up English channels and in particular Sky sports. Initially we are not in a position to move permanetly to Portugal so wondered if there was another option other than Sky, which would allow us to view the "normal" English channels, plus sky sports, without paying a monthly fee?
Please expect a 1001 questions before the end of December.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 4:54 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sky/freeview/cable?

Originally Posted by joandroy
Dear all we are hoping to complete our purchase in the Eastern Algarve towards the end of December, and hope someone out there can advise us what options we have with regards to picking up English channels and in particular Sky sports. Initially we are not in a position to move permanetly to Portugal so wondered if there was another option other than Sky, which would allow us to view the "normal" English channels, plus sky sports, without paying a monthly fee?
Please expect a 1001 questions before the end of December.
Hello
I may get shouted down here! But Im certain that you have to pay for sky sports.
My hub is a sport addict,and we could find no alternative but to pay for the sky package.I know you can get this set up in Portugal now,but we chose the option of having a friend in Uk use his address and bank account to pay monthly,we give him a cheque every year to cover the (horrendous!) cost.He posted the sky card to us,cos as you know it is supposedly illegal to have sky over here HA! )EVERYBODY has got it
You can get the "free to air" thing,which gives all the usual uk channels but no sport.
Portuguese cable shows alot of english football games,particularly on a saturday.Not sure of the cost of that,but its quite good with movies etc,history channel,discovery etc.
You will need a dish at least 1.3m to receive all.
Cleri x