Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Silver Coast or Green Coast - relative merits?

Silver Coast or Green Coast - relative merits?

Old Nov 16th 2006, 1:55 pm
Russell

Russell707 has a spectacular aura aboutRussell707 has a spectacular aura aboutRussell707 has a spectacular aura about
Smile Silver Coast or Green Coast - relative merits?

Hello everyone

I'm new to this forum and I suppose that I'm at the start of a long journey ahead. Let me explain.

I've just returned from a holiday on the Algarve where we thought about buying a property, possibly for rental but primarily where we could spend our holidays prior to moving permanently in a few years time. Trouble is that the Algarve appears to be beyond my pocket and the summer heat may be a bit too much for me - a taxi driver mentioned 44 degrees C in August!

I've now been looking at the Silver Coast as an option, particularly Nazare. However, I now understand that Ryannair now fly to Porto from Stanstead. Could anyone tell/advise us whether there is (1) much of a difference in the year round climate, and (2) much of a difference in property prices, between the two regions.

I'll be looking for a place on the coast or at least an ocean view, so if anyone has views on good locations not too far from a town/village, then I'd be very grateful.

Cheers

Russell
Old Nov 16th 2006, 2:24 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Silver Coast or Green Coast - relative merits?

Hello Russell
Sorrry cant help with "up north" but just wanted to say hello.
Cleri x
Old Nov 16th 2006, 2:42 pm
Escaped to the Sun

Mattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really nice

Hi

If you want cool-ish summers and good value for money look at the western algarve where many of us live Vale Da Telha! Air con not needed in VdT - always a nice cool breeze
There is a web site but it's not yet officially up and running but has some info you may like to look at
www.valedatelha.com
If fact I know someone with a nice 3 bed Villa with pool! for sale - unless it was snapped up yesterday!
Lagos also worth a look
Happy house hunting
Old Nov 16th 2006, 2:51 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mattiespeople
Hi

If you want cool-ish summers and good value for money look at the western algarve where many of us live Vale Da Telha! Air con not needed in VdT - always a nice cool breeze
There is a web site but it's not yet officially up and running but has some info you may like to look at
www.valedatelha.com
If fact I know someone with a nice 3 bed Villa with pool! for sale - unless it was snapped up yesterday!
Lagos also worth a look
Happy house hunting
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm could it be mine HA!
I have a webpage with all details if you want to look Russ

I found this link on Expat focus,about silver coast:
http://www.expatfocus.com/index.php?...ewtopic&t=8565

Last edited by Cleri; Nov 16th 2006 at 3:04 pm.
Old Nov 16th 2006, 3:52 pm
Digging the tunnel

langkate is a name known to alllangkate is a name known to alllangkate is a name known to alllangkate is a name known to alllangkate is a name known to alllangkate is a name known to alllangkate is a name known to alllangkate is a name known to alllangkate is a name known to alllangkate is a name known to alllangkate is a name known to all

Just to say hello too Russell. We also have a place in VdT and it is just great and the prices are really reasonable. Close friend of mine looking at Silver Coast and prices seem to be going up there rapidly too.

Regards
Kate