Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Selling a Portuguese plated RHD car in Portugal

Selling a Portuguese plated RHD car in Portugal

Old Jan 10th 2018, 8:23 pm
Just Joined

mkn1953 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Selling a Portuguese plated RHD car in Portugal

I have a RHD Mercedes, brought over from the UK and fully matriculated now with Portuguese plates etc. It is automatic , reg 2011. What are my chances of selling it in Portugal? The price of even old 2nd hand cars here is crazy.
Old Jan 10th 2018, 8:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Selling a Portuguese plated RHD car in Portugal

When was it matriculated & was it done tax paid or tax free?
Old Jan 10th 2018, 8:46 pm
Just Joined

Good grief, we paid loads of tax
Old Jan 11th 2018, 6:42 am
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute

If you paid the matriculation tax & didn't go the 'new immigrant tax free import' route then you can sell it any time you like & you'll get an idea of values on olx.pt, custojusto.pt & standvirtual.pt but RHD will knock the value a fair bit.

If you did go the tax free route & are selling within 5 years of matriculation you have to repay the tax you avoided on a pro rata basis of 20% per year.
Old Jan 15th 2018, 5:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

gedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mkn1953
I have a RHD Mercedes, brought over from the UK and fully matriculated now with Portuguese plates etc. It is automatic , reg 2011. What are my chances of selling it in Portugal? The price of even old 2nd hand cars here is crazy.
Curious, what model and how much are you looking for?
Old Jan 27th 2018, 12:22 pm
Just Joined

Hi, apologies for not replying sooner but I was in the UK....in the snow! It is a Mercedes C200 CDi Blue Efficiency Elegance, automatic. Sat Nav, heated seats, cruise control etc. It’s in great condition and fully ready to go. First registered March 2011. Looking for £15,000.
Cheers, Marje.
Old Jan 27th 2018, 1:27 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, apologies for not replying sooner but I was in the UK....in the snow! It is a Mercedes C200 CDi Blue Efficiency Elegance, automatic. Sat Nav, heated seats, cruise control etc. It’s in great condition and fully ready to go. First registered March 2011. Looking for £15,000.
Cheers, Marje.
I know that you are answering another members question about your car but want to ensure that you are aware that there is a no advertising rule on BE. So be careful.

Rosemary
Old Jan 27th 2018, 2:22 pm
Just Joined

Oh, I’m not advertising, only responding to a straight forward question. I don’t see any harm in that but if you do then perhaps I’ll just forget this site for anything at all.
Old Jan 27th 2018, 4:35 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, I’m not advertising, only responding to a straight forward question. I don’t see any harm in that but if you do then perhaps I’ll just forget this site for anything at all.
Calm down. If you re-read my post you will note that I have said that I knew that you were only answering the question that was asked.

Rosemary
Old Jan 28th 2018, 10:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

chislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond repute

Have you any toys or prams for sale?
Old Jan 28th 2018, 10:21 pm
Just Joined

Why would I have? Anyway.....no selling on here!
Old Jan 30th 2018, 1:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

I wish the classified section was carved up into regions; at the moment if you look at 'cars' or whatever, you get the entire planet.
If each country page had it's own corresponding classified page[s], it might catch on.
Trading stuff is often very social, but it only works locally.
Old Jan 30th 2018, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by liveaboard
I wish the classified section was carved up into regions; at the moment if you look at 'cars' or whatever, you get the entire planet.
If each country page had it's own corresponding classified page[s], it might catch on.
Trading stuff is often very social, but it only works locally.
I would suggest that you ask on Site Feedback. There may be a good reason for there only being one distinct Classifieds or it could be that having separate ones has not been investigated.

Rosemary
Old Jan 31st 2018, 9:45 am
BE Forum Addict

gedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Rosemary
I would suggest that you ask on Site Feedback. There may be a good reason for there only being one distinct Classifieds or it could be that having separate ones has not been investigated.

Rosemary
I don't think there's enough cars on it to justify separate sections, which is a shame. Seems now this is all on Facebook and that's where people go. Also a shame for sites like this which was fantastic but again, everyone seems to have moved away to Facebook, don't you think "British Expats" missed the boat on that one? Sorry of subject...

Oh one thing about the BE classifieds, there's very obviously spam/scams and you don't get rid of it even when reported e.g that Lexus jeep for 25k when it's worth 4 times that amount and the same car is advertised in 3 different continents. (a simple google reveals that & I reported it ages ago)
Old Jan 31st 2018, 9:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Cheers, Marje.
They are going for around 17k-20k(asking price), obviously millage will be a factor. Don't take this the wrong way,I'm just being realistic but I think you'll have to take a fair drop if you want to sell a RHD, although you may get lucky and get someone Brit who prefers a RHD. Stick it in for 15k and go from there but be prepared to drop a couple of grand still. You'll already draw attention at 15k as it will be cheaper than the rest.

Won't be easy so bite the hand of any decent offer...

Try www.custojusto.pt and www.olx.pt or facebook if you have it, group is:
"CARS, VANS, MOTORCYCLES,AND SCOOTERS FOR SALE IN THE ALGARVE, PORTUGAL."

Last edited by gedscottish; Jan 31st 2018 at 9:59 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.