SEF question

Old Aug 14th 2015, 1:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute
Default SEF question

For the permanent residence card, SEF website says bring a copy of the passport [among other things].

Do they want a certified copy?
Old Aug 14th 2015, 1:22 pm
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SEF question

No - just a photocopy will do fine as you're required to show the original.
Old Aug 14th 2015, 3:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

gedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by liveaboard
For the permanent residence card, SEF website says bring a copy of the passport [among other things].

Do they want a certified copy?
Remember to phone to book your appointment on the special number! Don't do as I done and go, take a ticket to get a ticket to wait for hours to be told a phone number you have to phone to get an appointment!
Old Aug 14th 2015, 7:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ukkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to all

Depends on where you live. I was told just to amble in whenever it suited me.
Old Aug 14th 2015, 10:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

I booked the appointment online; they even send a confirmation email.
Thanks everyone.
Old Aug 17th 2015, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

Jessel is on a distinguished road

Went to the SEF office in Coimbra this morning at 10.20am without an appointment and was seen immediately and left twenty minutes later having completed all the paperwork necessary for the 10 year residency card. In the afternoon, visited IMT to exchange my UK driving licence for a PT licence, took a ticket, waited 55 minutes and left 25 minutes later with the temporary paper PT driving licence and was told will receive the plastic version within the month - tickity boo!
Old Aug 17th 2015, 10:42 pm
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jessel
n the afternoon, visited IMT to exchange my UK driving licence for a PT licence, took a ticket, waited 55 minutes and left 25 minutes later with the temporary paper PT driving licence and was told will receive the plastic version within the month - tickity boo!
I wouldn't hold my breath on the PT licence within a month, Jessel - that's for issues that don't involve foreign authorities. The IMT obviously can't speak for waiting times in eg the DVLA (who they'll have to deal with in your case)

Mine was 2 months - but I thought that was plenty impressive enough, given the bad press the IMT have generally within Portugal and especially on expat sites.
Old Aug 18th 2015, 7:13 am
BE Forum Addict

gedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Red Eric
I wouldn't hold my breath on the PT licence within a month, Jessel - that's for issues that don't involve foreign authorities. The IMT obviously can't speak for waiting times in eg the DVLA (who they'll have to deal with in your case)

Mine was 2 months - but I thought that was plenty impressive enough, given the bad press the IMT have generally within Portugal and especially on expat sites.
They do seem to have got their finger out this year, I've seen a few people get them within 1-2 months. However a friend of mine has just got her's after waiting 26 months!!
Old Aug 18th 2015, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

Jessel is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Red Eric
You are correct Red Eric in that the fact that IMT have to check details with DVLA. However, I was told that that the response time had been improved because now all the information is exchanged by email whereas before it was mailed, so his prediction of one month may be correct - time will tell!