Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Securitas Direct Portugal

Securitas Direct Portugal

Old Jan 31st 2018, 8:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Shanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond repute
Default Securitas Direct Portugal

Has anyone had any experience with this company? The Sellers of the house we bought used them for security/alarm/etc. They paid up until the end of January and for the last 10 days, I have been trying to get Securitas Direct to engage with me so I can take over or carry on paying for the contract. They claimed they would email details through to me and never did. They have my contact number and my lawyer has tried to engage with them as well, with no luck. Having done some research, I don't seem to be the only person with this problem. Anyone else had any experience with them or do I simply write them off as being incompetent?
Old Jan 31st 2018, 8:25 am
BE Enthusiast

MrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really nice
Default Re: Securitas Direct Portugal

do I simply write them off as being incompetent?
I think you have to. They are extremely good at marketing and selling a product that appears to offer benefits but in reality does not. Their admin is abysmal although they manage to get direct debits into the bank very fast. Much better to look for a local security company that can provide a response service
Old Jan 31st 2018, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Shanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. I thought as much.
Old Jan 31st 2018, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Any recommendations?

I have tried one company but looks like we would be faced with having to install new security equipment.
Old Feb 1st 2018, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

BillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond repute

I have been with Securitas Direct for more than 10 years and have had no problems with their service, especially when we had a burglary. The thief was caught by the police within 2 hours and all we did was hit the alarm button and report it to Securitas.

I test the system every now and then when I forget to disarm as I re-enter the house; I get to speak to one of their nice employees within a minute of the alarm going off and have to apologize for my stupidity. Whenever I have telephoned them for advice, I get satisfactory treatment. They monitor the system remotely and service the system periodically, especially when batteries need to be replaced.
Old Feb 5th 2018, 4:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well, I have had no luck at all. Been trying to get them to actually take my money and send me a contract since the 22nd of Jan. Finally given up and now I'm going with another company.
Old Sep 3rd 2018, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

Andy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy43 has a reputation beyond repute

Securitas seem to be the ADT equivalent in the Algarve... which will mean expensive.
Anybody got any other systems that work ok and are monitored, maybe with the room detectors with built in cameras? Cheers!

Last edited by Rosemary; Sep 3rd 2018 at 2:27 pm.
Old Sep 3rd 2018, 10:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really nice

Originally Posted by Andy43
Securitas seem to be the ADT equivalent in the Algarve... which will mean expensive.
Anybody got any other systems that work ok and are monitored, maybe with the room detectors with built in cameras? Cheers!
It depends a lot on your actual location but in the Algarve both IBC and Charon provide good professional levels of service and each run their own control room + CCTV monitoring service