SAT Nav

Old Feb 22nd 2007, 4:50 am
Forum Regular

dollydimple62 will become famous soon enough
Question SAT Nav

Morning all...

Can anyone tell me if you can buy a sat nav in portugal with detailed listings of the roads? I have researched a bit on the uk ones and you can get france etc put into the roads system....mmmm

I need more Java to think this early in the morning....

Dolly
Old Feb 26th 2007, 1:20 pm
Just Joined

RoystonB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: SAT Nav

Hi,

I have been over to Portugal (North and Central) about half a dozen times now and have used a TomTom710 with their standard Europe maps. and have found them to be 99% accurate. Most of the small villages or on the new maps.

It has got me from A to B with no problem. Occasionally it has wanted to send me down a dirt track, but I wouldn't travel without it now.

Hope this was of some help. RoystonB
Old Feb 26th 2007, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: SAT Nav

Originally Posted by RoystonB
Hi,

I have been over to Portugal (North and Central) about half a dozen times now and have used a TomTom710 with their standard Europe maps. and have found them to be 99% accurate. Most of the small villages or on the new maps.

It has got me from A to B with no problem. Occasionally it has wanted to send me down a dirt track, but I wouldn't travel without it now.

Hope this was of some help. RoystonB
Absolutyly fantastic help... thanks for taking the time to read the post and reply....

Dolly
Old Mar 30th 2007, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

camogirl is an unknown quantity at this point

We bought the TomTom GO 910 before we came to Portugal. It is superb and gets us to places we want to go.
We got ours from PC World in the UK.
Old Mar 30th 2007, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by camogirl
We bought the TomTom GO 910 before we came to Portugal. It is superb and gets us to places we want to go.
We got ours from PC World in the UK.

Thanks for the info... we havnt bought one yet but are going to Avis in july so we could get one ready...

cheers
Dolly
Old Apr 4th 2007, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

Dishin'upDigital is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dollydimple62
Morning all...

Can anyone tell me if you can buy a sat nav in portugal with detailed listings of the roads? I have researched a bit on the uk ones and you can get france etc put into the roads system....mmmm

I need more Java to think this early in the morning....

Dolly
I live & work in Tavira in the Algarve, & use a 'Navman' iCN550. It's ok on main roads, but hopeless on minor roads. Which is a shame, as I really like the unit & find it much more user-friendly than a friend's TomTom. But then, it's only as good as the maps it has installed. I asked Navman if there were any updated maps available, & was told the unit is OBSOLETE! It's only 11 months old! Not good
Old Apr 5th 2007, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TrevorTronix
I live & work in Tavira in the Algarve, & use a 'Navman' iCN550. It's ok on main roads, but hopeless on minor roads. Which is a shame, as I really like the unit & find it much more user-friendly than a friend's TomTom. But then, it's only as good as the maps it has installed. I asked Navman if there were any updated maps available, & was told the unit is OBSOLETE! It's only 11 months old! Not good
Thanks for that info trevor... I supose they tend to update their "navs" all the time just like computers so they get changed out all the time... so its not for the want of giving customers satisfaction !!! but earning more cash of us!!!

Happy easter anyway
Dolly