Ryanair flights

Old Sep 18th 2017, 8:45 pm
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ryanair flights

Originally Posted by robbie20
Ryanair have now put a list of cancelled flights on their website.
That's good of them

According to the PT consumer organisation DECO, though, the company is guilty of notifying clients of only some of the compensation available under these circumstances.
Old Sep 18th 2017, 10:53 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red Eric
That's good of them

According to the PT consumer organisation DECO, though, the company is guilty of notifying clients of only some of the compensation available under these circumstances.
My flights seem to be OK.

I watched O'Leary's interview on the Beeb (Ryanair publishes full list of cancellations - BBC News). I wouldn't call him contrite, but probably as close as he gets. I don't know what compensation DECO thinks is due - but he said there would be alternate flights offered or a refund and compensation. My only "concerns" were that he didn't explicitly say the alternate travel could be offered with other airlines and he said this was for those impacted over the next 2 weeks......
Old Sep 19th 2017, 9:21 am
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macliam
My flights seem to be OK.

I watched O'Leary's interview on the Beeb (Ryanair publishes full list of cancellations - BBC News). I wouldn't call him contrite, but probably as close as he gets. I don't know what compensation DECO thinks is due - but he said there would be alternate flights offered or a refund and compensation. My only "concerns" were that he didn't explicitly say the alternate travel could be offered with other airlines and he said this was for those impacted over the next 2 weeks......
Sorry about quoting my own post - however, things are now a bit clearer (for me, anyway)

Ryanair have published a list of the flights affected in this fiasco. https://www.ryanair.com/ie/en/useful...cancellations7

However, it appears that Ryanair say they will NOT arrange flights on other airlines, because "It is not part of the EU261 entitlement" and compensation only applies to flights cancelled with less than 15 days warning - so affected passengers will be stuck if Ryanair has no alternate flight to offer or if they have flights over 14 days away which are cancelled ...... anyone without travel insurance might still be on a sticky wicket.....

Luckily (so far) my flights are not on the list

Last edited by macliam; Sep 19th 2017 at 9:27 am.
Old Sep 19th 2017, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

robbie20 is an unknown quantity at this point

That list is the full list of affected flights, so if as you say your flights are not on the list, then you will not be having a cancelled flight. I am happy to say my flights also are not on the list.
Old Sep 19th 2017, 9:48 am
Resident Cynic

Originally Posted by robbie20
That list is the full list of affected flights, so if as you say your flights are not on the list, then you will not be having a cancelled flight. I am happy to say my flights also are not on the list.
UK flights to Faro and VV seem to have escaped fairly lightly, though Lisbon and Porto are affected.

But if you are affected and Ryanair flights to/from your destination are infrequent or your flight is more than 14 days away, I think you'd feel more than a little miffed.
Old Sep 21st 2017, 9:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

And it look's as if it's getting worse !

https://www.theguardian.com/business...rk-on-days-off
Old Sep 21st 2017, 11:28 am
Resident Cynic

Originally Posted by Ingles
And it look's as if it's getting worse !

https://www.theguardian.com/business...rk-on-days-off
A cock-up by the company being exploited by well-paid pilots who know they have leverage..... who'd have thought?
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 8:05 pm
Banned

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute

A cock-up by the company being exploited by well-paid pilots who know they have leverage..... who'd have thought?
'Wot? Sym-PATHY for the downtrodden airline Guv?
Thought U was one of Thatcher's wealth-trickles-down-to-the-idle-poor & market-forces rules all Guv'nors,.... Guv'nor
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 8:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Not well-paid that's why companies like Norwegian can steal 150 of them and that contributes to the chaos. Everyone knows the story of the Ryanair pilot who had to buy water onboard because they are not allowed to take any liquids with them when they board..
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 9:52 pm
Resident Cynic

Originally Posted by 007Steve
'Wot? Sym-PATHY for the downtrodden airline Guv?
Thought U was one of Thatcher's wealth-trickles-down-to-the-idle-poor & market-forces rules all Guv'nors,.... Guv'nor
Eh? I think you have me mistook for another.
Originally Posted by Loafing Along
Not well-paid that's why companies like Norwegian can steal 150 of them and that contributes to the chaos. Everyone knows the story of the Ryanair pilot who had to buy water onboard because they are not allowed to take any liquids with them when they board..
I disagree, aircraft captains and first officers are well paid - the second highest-paid profession in the UK, whatever the airline. Another airline can always offer more money, or a more attractive package, but that doesn't mean they're not well paid in the first place.
Ryanair enforce very fast turnarounds and this puts he crew under greater pressure - and it seems to be contractual clauses, not pay, that are the root of any dissatisfaction. The current crisis gives them the opportunity to squeeze the company without having to walk.

I've no sympathy for the company in this - just pointing out that the nice man up front is also contributing to the problems faced by passengers ....

Last edited by macliam; Sep 23rd 2017 at 9:55 pm.
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 10:05 pm
Just Joined

rayandsarah is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys

Anybody affected i feel sorry for, but we have five flights over the next three weeks and none are cancelled how lucky are we.

Ray
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 10:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

chislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rayandsarah
Hi Guys

Anybody affected i feel sorry for, but we have five flights over the next three weeks and none are cancelled how lucky are we.

Ray
Yet!
Old Sep 24th 2017, 7:04 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chislenko
Yet!
98% chance that they will not be cancelled.
Never let reality get in the way of a bit of hysteria.
The media loves a bogeyman and Oleary is one of their favourites.
Who and how many boycotted BA after the latest of its many fiascos.
BA an airline that having seen the profitability of EJ and Ryan air is rapidly changing its product to match theirs.
A pattern that can be seen increasing across the world of airlines.

Last edited by EMR; Sep 24th 2017 at 7:13 am.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 1:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

chislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
98% chance that they will not be cancelled.
Never let reality get in the way of a bit of hysteria.
The media loves a bogeyman and Oleary is one of their favourites.
Who and how many boycotted BA after the latest of its many fiascos.
BA an airline that having seen the profitability of EJ and Ryan air is rapidly changing its product to match theirs.
A pattern that can be seen increasing across the world of airlines.
A further 18000 flights cancelled, as I said YET!

https://www.theguardian.com/business...sted-edinburgh
Old Sep 27th 2017, 6:39 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chislenko
A further 18000 flights cancelled, as I said YET!

https://www.theguardian.com/business...sted-edinburgh
Still only a small % of the total.Its a mess a cockup but not the end of the world.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.