Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Residents of Portugal?

Residents of Portugal?

Old Mar 26th 2017, 1:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

carvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Residents of Portugal?

Originally Posted by Naaling
I'm not complaining about anything. As long as I retain the right to live in Portugal, I really don't care.
I just pointed out that the "EU" is not the same as "Europe". And that those Brexiters who believe they really voted to leave Europe will be very disappionted!
as will those who thought they were voting to end immigration
Old Mar 26th 2017, 3:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

And those who thought there would be a lot more money as a result.
Old Mar 26th 2017, 3:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Naaling
I'm not complaining about anything. As long as I retain the right to live in Portugal, I really don't care.
I just pointed out that the "EU" is not the same as "Europe". And that those Brexiters who believe they really voted to leave Europe will be very disappionted!
That's nothing more than a diversionary tactic on your part.

The question on the ballot paper was perfectly clear and simply asked if the voter wanted the UK to leave or remain in the EU.

And as we now know, the majority voted to leave so that's an end to the matter.
Old Mar 26th 2017, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

Knoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond repute

Yet another thread covering interesting information has been hijacked by certain contributors calling others degrading names.

If you have strong views on the subject, may be investing your time in writing to your MP may be better use of time.

Last edited by Knoxy_UK; Mar 26th 2017 at 5:35 pm.
Old Mar 26th 2017, 6:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carvoeiro
can anyone tell me what not2old is doing posting to the portugal website
this Brexit moron is nothing whatsoever to do with portugal
in fact looking at other postings just seens to be a brexit troll - typically nothing whatsoever to say and nothing of relevance to the topic
please ban them
Yes I can tell you. Our members are free to post in whatever forum they choose...as long as they post according to the Site Rules.

I realise the topic discussed in this thread may be an emotive subject...but please discuss it without resorting to insults and personal attacks. Thank you.

Site Rules

1. Personal Attacks

BritishExpats.com is an interactive site, and everyone who participates is “in it together”, please treat others the way you wish to be treated. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. Challenge others’ points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully … without insult or personal attack.
Old Mar 26th 2017, 6:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute

Guys...... Every voter on both sides had their own reasons for voting the way they did as is their right but you can't get away from the fact that the matter has been decided by the majority vote.

Nor can you get away from the fact that negotiations haven't even begun, let alone concluded so as no-one knows what will be agreed why worry at this point?

And look on the bright side........... A long hot summer can't be too far away.
Old Mar 26th 2017, 9:01 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Good morning everyone from your friendly Portugal moderator.

Normally the Portugal forum has a reasonably calm surf with the odd few sardines caught here and there. Not raging swells with sharks and stingrays in every wave.

Please all calm your farm. Can we all just realise that everyone will react differently to the unknown and allow for that. After all we all have different lives , worries and what may seem nothing to one person, will be a whole lot of real worry for another ,depending on all manner of circumstances.

So, lets stop with the name calling and play nicely. There is an ignore button if you really cannot stand the sight of one poster's words.

Also, GeniB started this thread in good faith. Can we not fan flames to derail the thread . This is for and about the residents of Portugal as far as I can see from the thread title and opening post. Let's keep it that way.

GeniB. Would you like this thread split to bring it back to issues for Portugal residents ?
Old Mar 26th 2017, 10:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

carvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Knoxy_UK
Yet another thread covering interesting information has been hijacked by certain contributors calling others degrading names.

If you have strong views on the subject, may be investing your time in writing to your MP may be better use of time.
again another inflamatory comment making no attempt to contribute to the topic - - why bother unless of course you are a blatant troublemaker
Old Mar 26th 2017, 11:13 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

OK guys.

It's going nowhere is it & I didn't spend my free time writing my above post for it and also JG's post to be ignored.

With apologies to GeniB . Thread closed.

Last edited by BEVS; Mar 26th 2017 at 11:17 pm.