Reload this Page >

Request for urgent info please

Request for urgent info please

Old Apr 22nd 2013, 12:14 am
Just Joined

almeida.rita.ana is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Request for urgent info please

Hi all,

I would like to request information on english speaking psychologists in Portugal in the Coimbra, Oporto or Aveiro area.

My boyfriend is from the U.K., he is 39 years old, and has been in Portugal for 6 years.
For a few months now, he was been presenting several symptoms that have been worsening for the past three weeks and that truly concern me. These include: sudden outbursts of rage, and at that moment he breaks/throws things,screams swears and becomes aggressive; recurrent mood swings; feelings of worthlesseness and no self-esteem; crying; stuttering (this has become worse); confusion, can't focus on work; alterate sleep cycles; chest pain and muscle spasms.
I feel physically tired and mentally exhausted from all the distress he causes to himself and to me. I fear for his mental sanity and I just want him to feel well.His family lives in the U.K. and it's difficult for me to cope with this on my own.
He asked for help as he feels he is not capable to deal with the situation anymore.

Is there a health professional any of you can refer that can help him (us) cope with this situation?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Cheers

Ana
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

joseph69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Request for urgent info please

Hello,
Don't you have a family Dr..
And in Coimbra , Or Porto they do have very good hospital..
But first thing is you take him to Your Family Dr..And soon...
Jose..
Good Luck..
I wish All the best..Recover..
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

joseph69 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello ,
I have a freind who . As
Bipolar Disorder And this what u disc-rape sound very similarity.
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 11:03 am
Banned

Benny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to all

If he does not have a doctor at your local Centro de Saude, take him urgently to the emergency department at Coimbra hospital. His symptoms could be indicative of a brain tumour, which was the diagnosis given to my brother who exhibited similar symptoms.
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 2:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

steve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud of

hi,
help is necessary , take him to your nearest doctor / emergency department.

It sounds like acute stress to me , does he have serious problems with work, and / or a personal relationship ? - if so persuade him to take time away from whichever is causng the problem - do everything you can that gives relief and nothing that adds to the situation.
Best of luck