Removal Company

Old Nov 27th 2005, 3:07 pm
Just Joined

Cindy08 has a brilliant futureCindy08 has a brilliant futureCindy08 has a brilliant futureCindy08 has a brilliant futureCindy08 has a brilliant futureCindy08 has a brilliant future
Exclamation Removal Company

Hi E1
has anyone heard of or used a company called Removal Group as I have a few quotes and they seem to be the most competative and looks like a good service.
Thanks
Old Dec 1st 2005, 10:14 am
Just Joined

Paul_C has a brilliant futurePaul_C has a brilliant futurePaul_C has a brilliant futurePaul_C has a brilliant futurePaul_C has a brilliant futurePaul_C has a brilliant futurePaul_C has a brilliant future
Default Re: Removal Company

Originally Posted by Cindy08
Hi E1
has anyone heard of or used a company called Removal Group as I have a few quotes and they seem to be the most competative and looks like a good service.
Thanks
Cindy

Hi.

No info on Removal Group. We live in Surrey and used MSD Distribution in Essex to collect and deliver which worked very well.

http://www.msd.uk.com/index.html

They collected Thursday, and delivered on following Tuesday. They have storage locations in Albufeira & Tavira. Subsequently we delivered a small load to them, and later a friend had a shipment of central heating delivered direct to them and they delivered the following week.

Maybe you could ask for their schedule and email references?

Paul
Old Dec 1st 2005, 1:22 pm
Just Joined

Cindy08 has a brilliant futureCindy08 has a brilliant futureCindy08 has a brilliant futureCindy08 has a brilliant futureCindy08 has a brilliant futureCindy08 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Paul_C
Cindy

Hi.

No info on Removal Group. We live in Surrey and used MSD Distribution in Essex to collect and deliver which worked very well.

http://www.msd.uk.com/index.html

They collected Thursday, and delivered on following Tuesday. They have storage locations in Albufeira & Tavira. Subsequently we delivered a small load to them, and later a friend had a shipment of central heating delivered direct to them and they delivered the following week.

Maybe you could ask for their schedule and email references?

Paul

Thanks Paul, MSD looks like a good company, I have had lots of quotes from various companies 3 came to the house and based on that think I will be using AIM as it seems more convenient for storage, nearer to where we are going to live in Vale da Telha, if we want to get at any of our belongings.
Most of the other companies could only offer storage in the UK or Spain.
Cheers !
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 12:33 am
Just Joined

markfisher61 is an unknown quantity at this point

Removal Group - AVOID, AVOID, AVOID

What can I say?

Abysmal, not cheap.....the full story is a long one and I don't have
time here, but if anyone wants to email me....

London to Perth - asked for 20' sole container, got groupage = 5 week
delay.

Wrongly advised me of arrival date = 4 weeks hotel bills in Perth

Use a "trading as" name then when you ask their real name (so you can
sue) they refuse to give it - this is an offence under the Business
Names Act 1985 (if anyone has this info, I'd appreciate it if you could send it to me by email: [email protected])

Damaged approximately 1/3 of my goods as they did not repack them as
instructed, nor was export wrapping (where it existed) adequate

Were supposed to unpack everything at destination - did not, only
larger items.

The quote for about 850 cu. ft from London was GBP 3550 - not
particularly cheap.

Try Excess International - I have used them in the past for smaller
shipments and they have been good - never tried them for a container
load. I did not use them this time because they were a bit unresponsive
during the quoting process - I definitely made a mistake using the
Removal Group.

Clearly they have no experience of shipments to Western Australia -
they did not even appoint a customs agent until 1 day AFTER my goods
arrived, despite having three months to find one!

They offered me (only after two weeks of threats of legal action) 250
pounds compensation! my hotel bills alone were double this.

Once again - AVOID, AVOID, AVOID!

PS Note they do not belong to FIDI or BAR - not surprising!

Originally Posted by Cindy08
Thanks Paul, MSD looks like a good company, I have had lots of quotes from various companies 3 came to the house and based on that think I will be using AIM as it seems more convenient for storage, nearer to where we are going to live in Vale da Telha, if we want to get at any of our belongings.
Most of the other companies could only offer storage in the UK or Spain.
Cheers !
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 8:53 am
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: Removal Company

Thanks for the warning,
I had already decided against using them because of the storage, another company Global Removals I have had quotes from didn't sound very professional when I rang them and couldn't send anyone out to the house, because they didn't use a company close enough to where I live now.
The 3 quotes I had from Brittania, Andrew Porter and EMS Hansard that came to the house where very professional and reasonable the only problem was 2 of them could only offer storage either in the UK which is cheaper or Spain and if we wanted access to it we felt was not convenient as we are going to Western Portugal and could be renting for a while.
The first quote I got from AIM seemed very high, but after I had got the quotes in I then realised I had over estimated the volume we had, the 2nd quote from AIM was the best and I know they are reliable as a few of my friends have used them, plus their storage is only about 1/2 an hour from where we will be living.