Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Real second citizenship/passport of Portugal?

Real second citizenship/passport of Portugal?

Old Aug 12th 2003, 7:40 am
Just Joined

celticheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Real second citizenship/passport of Portugal?

Hullo everyone:

Has anyone had dealings with the following 2 companies, who claim to get you a EU citizenship and passport from Portugal for 9,000USD:

1. www.firstbusinessgroup.com

2. www.gbc-org.com

They seem to deal with Russians since there's a Russian language version. Are they legal?

Old Sep 19th 2003, 5:27 am
Just Joined

darkman is an unknown quantity at this point

These are scam sites. Last year, a Portugese Embassy in Africa was broken into, about 1,000 blank Portugese passports were stolen and are now being sold on the black market by organizations like these two. Portugal redesigned their passports this year because of this theft. The passport numbers were reported to Interpol. So if you tried to enter the US with one of these when the pp# is run, it will come up as stolen.(It will be checked, trust me) I do not know about Chile, maybe these are old passports someone got a hold of & again is trying to unload them on the black market.

- It is VERY EASY to verify a passport. Just call the embassy, tell them you work for a bank & John Doe is here and is trying to open an account. He presented Portugese pp# AG 98526 as ID could you verify this is a valid passport? The Consular General of the Embassy will be very happy to verify it for you. No nation wants it's passports used for illegal reasons.

- GBC - their address listed in LA is a famous mail box drop.
Their telephone numbers are answering machines, even during business hours. What kind of business does not answer their phone during business hours? Both these firms will no doubt insist that you wire them full payment at once to their bank accounts. The fact that one of them lists a famous American Bank ( Wells Fargo) as an account means nothing. This account is an overseas wire transfer account. Once you send your money there it is sent overseas and GONE. The other one you list is located on Antigua where again, there are no or very few banking controls.
If the only way you can contact a passport seller is by email - this is a scammer.

- I have worked with passports for years. There is NO WAY on
earth that you can buy a real ( I define real as being registered in
the countries computers as being valid and has not been reported to the US, EU, or Interpol computers as being stolen, lost, or not valid - these computers are all linked by the way.)
for these prices. The going market rate for a " real" EU
passport is 30-100K USD. East Europe ( some countires will join
EU in 2004-2006 is 15-40K USD. South America is 15K-50K USD
All of course depending on which country you want. If you are looking for a fake passport that maybe will pass a quick eyeball
inspection and are willing to risk a jail term, all right then.

- If you still insist on having your money stolen from you and you want to trust these firms. Here is what I suggest. DO NOT SEND
them full payment as they ask, send them say 50% of the amount, tell them when the passport is ready, they are to email
you the photo page of the pp with your picture & number on it, tell them you will then call the embassy, and verify the number with the Portugese Consular General using the technique above and verify it as being valid. If the passport number is valid ( sure right!) then send them the rest of the money. MAKE sure if you do this the passport you get has the SAME number as listed on the page they emailed. If they refuse to do this, drop them , forget about getting your money back and take it as a lesson learned. NO HONEST business would object to this. If they are not willing to do this, this is scam. Also, DO NOT agree to send your money to a bank " escrow" account suggested by them. You will again lose your money.

The net is full of passport scam sites. MANY people have lost lots of money to these con artists. There are a few sites which DO
deliver real valid passports, if you are interested in them send me a pm.

- Finally, if you are part of this forum I " assume" you are British or Irish. Why do you want a Portugese passport when your
UK or Irish passport is valid to live & work anywhere in the EU and part of the US visa free program? I hope this helps. I would be interested in what you decide.
Old Sep 19th 2003, 8:05 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

If you really believe it buy the lot, and stop anyone else getting conned.....
Old Sep 19th 2003, 3:13 pm
Just Joined

darkman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default jdr

I do not understand the meaning of your posting? I do not work for an internet company that sells them, nor do i have any financial interest in any firm that does. I am only saying the truth.
Sorry if the truth bothers you... don't say I did not warn you.
Old Sep 19th 2003, 4:23 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

darkman

My posting was to celticheart,,, like you, i cant believe that anybody could think this a good deal.
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 11:59 am
Just Joined

celticheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default home truth

darkman

I did my homework right after and came to the same conclusion.

cheers for the advice nonetheless.
Old Sep 27th 2003, 2:05 am
Just Joined

medmedxp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default give the real site were elivere real passport

eliver
Originally posted by darkman
These are scam sites. Last year, a Portugese Embassy in Africa was broken into, about 1,000 blank Portugese passports were stolen and are now being sold on the black market by organizations like these two. Portugal redesigned their passports this year because of this theft. The passport numbers were reported to Interpol. So if you tried to enter the US with one of these when the pp# is run, it will come up as stolen.(It will be checked, trust me) I do not know about Chile, maybe these are old passports someone got a hold of & again is trying to unload them on the black market.

- It is VERY EASY to verify a passport. Just call the embassy, tell them you work for a bank & John Doe is here and is trying to open an account. He presented Portugese pp# AG 98526 as ID could you verify this is a valid passport? The Consular General of the Embassy will be very happy to verify it for you. No nation wants it's passports used for illegal reasons.

- GBC - their address listed in LA is a famous mail box drop.
Their telephone numbers are answering machines, even during business hours. What kind of business does not answer their phone during business hours? Both these firms will no doubt insist that you wire them full payment at once to their bank accounts. The fact that one of them lists a famous American Bank ( Wells Fargo) as an account means nothing. This account is an overseas wire transfer account. Once you send your money there it is sent overseas and GONE. The other one you list is located on Antigua where again, there are no or very few banking controls.
If the only way you can contact a passport seller is by email - this is a scammer.

- I have worked with passports for years. There is NO WAY on
earth that you can buy a real ( I define real as being registered in
the countries computers as being valid and has not been reported to the US, EU, or Interpol computers as being stolen, lost, or not valid - these computers are all linked by the way.)
for these prices. The going market rate for a " real" EU
passport is 30-100K USD. East Europe ( some countires will join
EU in 2004-2006 is 15-40K USD. South America is 15K-50K USD
All of course depending on which country you want. If you are looking for a fake passport that maybe will pass a quick eyeball
inspection and are willing to risk a jail term, all right then.

- If you still insist on having your money stolen from you and you want to trust these firms. Here is what I suggest. DO NOT SEND
them full payment as they ask, send them say 50% of the amount, tell them when the passport is ready, they are to email
you the photo page of the pp with your picture & number on it, tell them you will then call the embassy, and verify the number with the Portugese Consular General using the technique above and verify it as being valid. If the passport number is valid ( sure right!) then send them the rest of the money. MAKE sure if you do this the passport you get has the SAME number as listed on the page they emailed. If they refuse to do this, drop them , forget about getting your money back and take it as a lesson learned. NO HONEST business would object to this. If they are not willing to do this, this is scam. Also, DO NOT agree to send your money to a bank " escrow" account suggested by them. You will again lose your money.

The net is full of passport scam sites. MANY people have lost lots of money to these con artists. There are a few sites which DO
deliver real valid passports, if you are interested in them send me a pm.

- Finally, if you are part of this forum I " assume" you are British or Irish. Why do you want a Portugese passport when your
UK or Irish passport is valid to live & work anywhere in the EU and part of the US visa free program? I hope this helps. I would be interested in what you decide.
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000'????

my email is [email protected] ,iwas in contacat whithe the gbc site so is scam send me other site who really deliver a pass.
thank
Old Jan 18th 2004, 11:04 pm
Just Joined

Freeman_earth is an unknown quantity at this point
Default can you help me?

Thank you for the information you gave us. I am contacting these two sites for getting a second EU passport. If I haven't seen your message, I might have been the victim also. After listening so many about scam sites, do you know any site which do deliver REAL passport? My e-mail: [email protected]
Old Jan 25th 2004, 5:30 pm
Just Joined

Julia11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Darkman,

Could you please share with me your knowledge regarding 2nd pass matter. I'd love to ask you several questions, before falling in hands of so called experts or consultants in this area in the Uk. My email: [email protected] thanks
Old Jan 25th 2004, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

pdohr is an unknown quantity at this point

The GBC website states the following:

--------------------------------------------------------

- Chile is secure country with no criminal at all.

- Chile citizenship does not limit your residency choice. You can establish permanent residency in any European country.

--------------------------------------------------------

The above statements are absolutely untrue.. which, in my
opinion, says everything about the company behind it..

Although it may be possible to actually buy a passport of certain South American countries (certainly not Chile!), I guess that there are Third World countries which grant you citizenship in a relatively short time if you invest substantial amounts in the local economy and are not too fussy about your background and profile..
Old Jan 25th 2004, 8:19 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Thumbs down

How can any of you think you can buy a passport legitimately, except in your country of origin, is beyond belief.
We are talking passports, not frigging bus tickets.
Get a life and apply through the proper channels. :lecture: :lecture: