Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Rain, beaurtifull Rain.

Rain, beaurtifull Rain.

Old Oct 19th 2017, 7:36 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rain, beaurtifull Rain.

Here in our part of the Algarve we have had two nights of heavy rain and showers during the day.
Plants have bloomed and the air is dust free.
Let's hope the weather is returning to normal.

Last edited by EMR; Oct 19th 2017 at 7:41 am.
Old Oct 19th 2017, 3:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ukkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to all
Default Re: Rain, beaurtifull Rain.

Even up here in the far north. Rain for 2 days especially with the fires. No wind at all as well will give Bombeiros a breather.
Old Oct 21st 2017, 1:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Yes Glorious rain.. (altho our visitors didn't think so) It filled our two 250 litre rain barrels in two nights yeah! ...Then it got very very humid agghh I absolutely hate humidity.

At least we don't get the tiger mosquitos plaguing parts of Spain right now..
Old Nov 4th 2017, 8:22 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

We have had some torential rain here in the Algarve.
Nothing like enough and let's hope that there is more to come.
Lunchtime today we were delighted to see local goatherd and his flock in the land behind us.
The goats were enjoying the fresh growth that has sprung up in the last few days, it's been a very hard summer for the local farmers.
Old Nov 4th 2017, 9:00 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Good. I hope Portugal gets far more rain.
Old Nov 4th 2017, 10:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

ouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond repute

Still a little dodgy in my part of Portugal.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/pt/ou...weather/272125

But as we had some lovely rain last night, I was able to move some plants today.
Old Nov 5th 2017, 6:30 am
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

I've also been transplanting some young trees to better locations in the garden.

Over the last 2 days we had about 50mm of rain, last week about the same. Forecast is sunny and dry looking forward.

To refill the reservoirs, we need months of rain, enough to soak the ground and run off the top.
It's already November...

My old neighbor loves to tell me how when he was young, it would rain all winter, the mud was terrible and there were lakes and rivers with edible fish. Lots of work for everyone.
Now it's all dry. We get all happy for a few drops.

So let's hope for some long dreary wet days ahead; because otherwise things are going to get bad.
Old Nov 5th 2017, 7:18 am
EMR
Banned

Originally Posted by liveaboard
I've also been transplanting some young trees to better locations in the garden.

Over the last 2 days we had about 50mm of rain, last week about the same. Forecast is sunny and dry looking forward.

To refill the reservoirs, we need months of rain, enough to soak the ground and run off the top.
It's already November...

My old neighbor loves to tell me how when he was young, it would rain all winter, the mud was terrible and there were lakes and rivers with edible fish. Lots of work for everyone.
Now it's all dry. We get all happy for a few drops.

So let's hope for some long dreary wet days ahead; because otherwise things are going to get bad.
The reality should the drought continue us that golf courses, hotels, villa owners should be restricted from watering their grounds and refilling pools.
But as this will destroy the Algarve tourist industry who knows what the continuing effects of the drought on agriculture and private essential use will be.
Pray for run, none in the forecast for this week.
Old Nov 5th 2017, 8:52 am
Banned

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute

... Sunny & 16C this morning, no clouds on this horizon.
Ground's baked so hard it's beginning to crumble.
Just hope when it does come, the drainage ditches have been cleared.