Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

'Race for Life' Algarve

'Race for Life' Algarve

Old Jun 14th 2009, 6:00 pm
Escaped to the Sun

Mattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really nice
Default 'Race for Life' Algarve

Hi all long time no post!!! Hope all is well with you guys!

A good pal of mine is organising the following and if you live around the south west algarve I thought you may like to support this if you are fit enought!

I would appreciate your support, help and enthusiasm in my endeavour to make this event a success.

I am working with AOA Associacao Oncologica do Algarve to organize a “Race for Life” type event here in VDT. At this stage, the date pencilled in is 27th September 2009 at 9.00am. By happy coincidence, AOA have an article in this week’s Get Real dated 9th June. – Page 8.
The weblink is: www.getrealweekly.com/. Use the virtual e-paper option.

The AOA is a charity which raises funds for the benefit of the citizens of the Algarve and covers all types of cancer. In fact, they raised the funds for the mobile mammography unit which incidentlly is scheduled to visit Aljezur this July.

The funds raised from the event will be used in the Algarve and as we are all too well aware the Big C does not discriminate between nationalities and therefore it is hoped thet the “Race for Life” event will be truly multi-national and open to women, men & young adults.

The actual date of the event will be confirmed as soon as possible given the availablity of support services.

In terms of organizing, planning and the events on the day, all suggestions (& donations) are welcome. Please speak to me directly or email me at [email protected] or post on this forum. At this stage. pledges of support or your verbal intention to take part are being sought. No excuses, as you can run, walk or even bike the proposed course (circa 5k). The objective is to raise 5000 euros for 5k - which is the distance we will be covering.

I am sure you will agree that this is truly a good cause based in the region where we live and look forward to your support.

Brenda Ferrigno