power outages

Old Feb 4th 2018, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute
Default power outages

A small storm went through last night; strong winds and only about 12-15mm of rain [I keep track].
The power has been going on and off constantly; when we first got here in 2008 it was like this, but in between it seemed as though the engineers had solved the problem.
Has anyone else had power outages?
We're north of Aljezur.
Old Feb 5th 2018, 6:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Sunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really nice
Default Re: power outages

We are south of Messines and had two brief outages yesterday but no storms. Outages are very infrequent now.
Old Feb 5th 2018, 11:01 am
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

It was so bad the first winter we were here, I installed a battery + inverter backup power supply.
Mainly, because I already had the inverter.

By the time I had it all set up, and bought the expensive storage batteries [how I hate paying for batteries!] power outages at our location practically ceased.

But this winter they seem to be back again, it's only rained a few times but during 2 out of 3 rains, the power was out.
Once it was out for 6 hours, but usually it's just minutes.
The expensive inverter batteries are calcified lumps of toxic waste now, and I don't want to buy new ones.

I'm so annoyed by all the gizmos that are designed with the assumption that the electricity never goes out.
The microwave beeps, the AC unit beeps, all the clocks + the heating thermostat have to be reset, and one computer is fried.
Old Feb 5th 2018, 1:31 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by liveaboard
It was so bad the first winter we were here, I installed a battery + inverter backup power supply.
Mainly, because I already had the inverter.

By the time I had it all set up, and bought the expensive storage batteries [how I hate paying for batteries!] power outages at our location practically ceased.

But this winter they seem to be back again, it's only rained a few times but during 2 out of 3 rains, the power was out.
Once it was out for 6 hours, but usually it's just minutes.
The expensive inverter batteries are calcified lumps of toxic waste now, and I don't want to buy new ones.

I'm so annoyed by all the gizmos that are designed with the assumption that the electricity never goes out.
The microwave beeps, the AC unit beeps, all the clocks + the heating thermostat have to be reset, and one computer is fried.
We have had a couple usually on the very, very windy days we have recently had
Old Feb 7th 2018, 8:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Midgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond repute

My Ma and Pa in rural Essex still quite often have power cuts.
Is that general in the UK?
PS know what you mean about electrical devices, our elec trips every other day and it's a pain