Postbox update

Old Mar 4th 2018, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

robcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Postbox update

After 20 years we decided to take the plunge and have our own post box added to the bunch down the lane. This is in the Loule district. It couldn’t have been easier, we had to go to the post office and buy the box with key, tell them exactly where it was to be located and pay a once only fee of 42 euros. We sent a letter to ourselves and it worked!
Old Mar 4th 2018, 1:07 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Postbox update

Welcome to the twentieth century!

We are trying to work out how to eliminate as much of our mail as possible - easily 90% of it is junk mail that goes straight in the recycling bin, most of the rest is bills.
Old Mar 4th 2018, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

robcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Welcome to the twentieth century!

We are trying to work out how to eliminate as much of our mail as possible - easily 90% of it is junk mail that goes straight in the recycling bin, most of the rest is bills.
Welcome to the twentyfirst century!
Old Mar 4th 2018, 6:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

I've been trying to get one for a year; As my road has no name, and the house no number, I'm supposed to call the general post office in Lagos and ask for a number to put on the box.

They never pick up.
Old Mar 4th 2018, 6:12 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by liveaboard
I've been trying to get one for a year; As my road has no name, .....

Last edited by Pulaski; Mar 4th 2018 at 6:14 pm.
Old Mar 4th 2018, 6:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

ouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond repute

We are in the middle of a field, with a few neighbours and get our post from the local bar

They have a few boxes near the bar, but when we asked in the post office, we were told not to bother, the bar owners, a lovely couple/family, are the local hub and do the mail.
Old Mar 4th 2018, 9:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

We were told the same thing; then the bar went under and shut permanently.

I don't want to have anyone else between me and my mail; been there, done that.
At the moment I pick it up at local the post office which is ok. Not convenient but it works, mostly.