Reload this Page >

Portuguese taxation.

Portuguese taxation.

Old Aug 9th 2017, 6:45 pm
Just Joined

xtonehari is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Portuguese taxation.

Thurian,

I am giving you an example of an income tax for a rental property. This may give you an idea on how much it may cost you.

The Gross Income is the rent you get per year.

Gross Income from sole trading activity = 4.800,00 €
Total Deductible Expenditure (65% of the Gross Income) = 3.120,00 €
Taxable Income = ----
Reduced amount for being the 1st year of Sole Trading Activity (50%) = ----
Reduced amount for being the 2nd year of Sole Trading Activity (25%) = 1.260,00 €
Annual Income Tax Payable (tax rate: 25%) = 315,00 €

Do anybody know how much an accountant may charge for filing the tax return for the rental income. My accountant is charging €250 and not sure if it is high or moderate, considering the tax amount is only €315 and fees is €250, which leaves me with nothing at the end of the year.

Thank you in advance
Old Aug 9th 2017, 7:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ukkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to all

404. Bust link.
Old Aug 10th 2017, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

Thurian is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by xtonehari
Thurian,

I am giving you an example of an income tax for a rental property. This may give you an idea on how much it may cost you.

The Gross Income is the rent you get per year.

Gross Income from sole trading activity = 4.800,00 €
Total Deductible Expenditure (65% of the Gross Income) = 3.120,00 €
Taxable Income = ----
Reduced amount for being the 1st year of Sole Trading Activity (50%) = ----
Reduced amount for being the 2nd year of Sole Trading Activity (25%) = 1.260,00 €
Annual Income Tax Payable (tax rate: 25%) = 315,00 €

Do anybody know how much an accountant may charge for filing the tax return for the rental income. My accountant is charging €250 and not sure if it is high or moderate, considering the tax amount is only €315 and fees is €250, which leaves me with nothing at the end of the year.

Thank you in advance
Thanks for that. My accountant seems pretty adamant that my bill is correct as I'm non resident etc.
Old Aug 10th 2017, 11:51 am
Just Joined

xtonehari is an unknown quantity at this point

I too am non resident. I dont live in Portugal.
Old Aug 10th 2017, 12:22 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RichardHenshall
Did you update your AL licence in 2014/5 and register the commencement of your business activity when the rules changed?
If you register as a business and turnover more than 10,000 euros are you then also liable for IVA at 23%.
We have friends who keep their rentals below this amount for that reason.
Old Aug 10th 2017, 11:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

RichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond repute

IVA on Alojamento Local accommodation is at the reduced rate of 6%.
Old Aug 11th 2017, 7:13 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RichardHenshall
IVA on Alojamento Local accommodation is at the reduced rate of 6%.
Thanks for the update, IVA may not be as big an issue as they thought.
What about the CGT status if you sell your property registered as a commercial operation ?.
Old Aug 11th 2017, 11:36 am
BE Forum Addict

RichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond repute

I've yet to fully understand that issue but my first impression is that it may be a more significant issue for Portuguese tax residents who are renting their own home. If I understand it correctly, normally they pay tax on half the gain with options to roll over a gain. Non-residents would normally pay tax on the whole gain anyway.
Old Aug 11th 2017, 4:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ukkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to all

Anyone here sold investments that you had in the UK? What was your PT tax experience as the DTA gives PT the sole right to tax the gains.