Reload this Page >

Portuguese Language Lessons

Portuguese Language Lessons

Old Jul 3rd 2007, 5:11 pm
Just Joined

cavendish is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Portuguese Language Lessons

Hi everyone

Can anyone help with information or personal experince with learning Portuguese. Does anyone know of any tuition at local colleges or private schools in the Tavira area. Any advice is welcome. I'm not very good at self taught courses but any tried and successful ones may be of interest. Thanks
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 5:32 pm
Just Joined

kimchoppie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Portuguese Language Lessons

did you ever try "Rosetta Stone" language couse, its self taught and I am wondering if its any good? I too am useless at self taught languages...

sorry unable to actually answer your question.

good luck
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 5:40 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by kimchoppie
did you ever try "Rosetta Stone" language couse, its self taught and I am wondering if its any good? I too am useless at self taught languages...

sorry unable to actually answer your question.

good luck
Rosetta Stone is great for vocabulary, but I wouldn't use it for anything other than a very basic course.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 5:43 pm
Just Joined

Ill need all the help I can get...the good thing about living in the US is they speak English (well sort of )

maybe Ill see iif someone is selling a second hand one to help me out.

cheers
Kim
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 5:46 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by kimchoppie
Ill need all the help I can get...the good thing about living in the US is they speak English (well sort of )

maybe Ill see iif someone is selling a second hand one to help me out.

cheers
Kim
If you're still living here, check out your local library system. Most libraries offer the Rosetta Stone pack online for free, just need a library card number. They come in all different languages. Unfortunately, the Rosetta Stone pack comes in Brazilian Port. but at least you'll pick up plenty of vocab and some very simple grammar.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 6:33 pm
Just Joined

good idea...

I have found it hard to find European Portuguese versions of anything here, but I know Rosetta Stone has one, I doubt if my local library will have that one, I may be lucky if not Ill borrow the brazillian one...I need to find a few brazilians here to hang out with to get an ear for the language...

thanks again
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 9:57 pm
Account Closed

Call them and ask about their online services. If my local can and we're in FL, I'm sure yours might. There are millions of native Portuguese people living in your part of the world - shouldn't be too hard to find local restaurants/pubs, etc.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 2:15 am
Just Joined

you know Ive never met a native Portuguese person here yet, they must all live in San Fran, we are in Marin just north of the GGbridge...

but there is a Brazilian store not far from here, might be worth a shot.

cheers
Kim
Old Jul 4th 2007, 7:29 am
C'est la vie

TaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Portuguese Language Lessons

You could try the Eastern Algarve International School of Tavira their website is www.east-pt.com.

They are advertising their lessons on the lamp posts around town at the moment.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 3:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

CHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to all
Cool Re: Portuguese Language Lessons

My wife has just enrolled for Portuguese lessons at the school down from Lidil in Tavira, they start in September, 2 nights a week, the contact number for Cecila the professor who does the enrolling is 933200702. Hope this helps.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 5:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud of

Camara offer free lessons to foreigners.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 9:37 am
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

I used this to get me going:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Talk-Portugu...3628175&sr=1-3

Make sure you get the CD that goes with it. A simple introduction to the language which covers the basics to build upon.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 6:18 pm
Just Joined

cavendish is an unknown quantity at this point

That sounds the sought of thing I was looking for Chopper, Thanks.
and thanks to all you others very helpful. If there's such a thing as fluent in a fortnight then I'm interested
Old Jul 7th 2007, 1:16 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by cavendish
That sounds the sought of thing I was looking for Chopper, Thanks.
and thanks to all you others very helpful. If there's such a thing as fluent in a fortnight then I'm interested
Old Jul 7th 2007, 9:47 pm
Just Joined

katieabi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cavendish
Hi everyone

Can anyone help with information or personal experince with learning Portuguese. Does anyone know of any tuition at local colleges or private schools in the Tavira area. Any advice is welcome. I'm not very good at self taught courses but any tried and successful ones may be of interest. Thanks
hi i have been taking lesson in villa real for the last year and i am signing up again for level 2 next week this is run in the local uni, and funded by vrsa municipal. we had 2 lessons a week 8-9 on a wed and friday i found it usfull and i can not wait for level 2.........ummmm.... i have to learn my 2 year old is better than me........
i am unsure if there are lesson in tavira but if not the enrolment for the course here in vrsa are from the 15 july if you need any help please do not hesitate in contacting me thanks and good luck k

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.