Reload this Page >

Portugals Firearms Laws

Portugals Firearms Laws

Old Nov 21st 2006, 11:03 am
Just Joined

vito113 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Portugals Firearms Laws

Hi all…

Does anyone know or have a link to the laws in Portugal on private ownership of firearms? I do target shooting and would like to continue the sport if I relocated to Portugal.

Many thanks in advance

Andy
Old Jan 14th 2007, 11:53 am
Just Joined

Alan108 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Portugals Firearms Laws

Hi Andy,like you,i hope to relocate to Portugal,maybe this year,i have a UK firearms licence,and have four firearms,but,finding out any info on shooting is like rocking horse poo,when i was there last October,i was asked if i wanted to go wild boar hunting,and was told that you don't need permission from landowners,but,you had to be 200mts away from dwellings,i don't know if this is true,but,i'm over to Peniche Jan 16th for 8days,if i get ant info i'll pass it on all the best Alan
Old Jan 14th 2007, 1:37 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alan108
Hi Andy,like you,i hope to relocate to Portugal,maybe this year,i have a UK firearms licence,and have four firearms,but,finding out any info on shooting is like rocking horse poo,when i was there last October,i was asked if i wanted to go wild boar hunting,and was told that you don't need permission from landowners,but,you had to be 200mts away from dwellings,i don't know if this is true,but,i'm over to Peniche Jan 16th for 8days,if i get ant info i'll pass it on all the best Alan
I wouldnt mention about the wild boar hunting............its illegal!!!
Old Jan 14th 2007, 2:00 pm
Just Joined

Hi,far be it for me to contradict you,but,why are shooting holidays advertised for shooting pigeon,grouse,rabbit,hare,partridge,and WILD BOAR?? Alan
Old Jan 14th 2007, 2:07 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,far be it for me to contradict you,but,why are shooting holidays advertised for shooting pigeon,grouse,rabbit,hare,partridge,and WILD BOAR?? Alan
I really dont know.
Maybe its a regional thing?
My Portuguese friends here in Algarve tell me its against the law.
Old Jan 14th 2007, 2:26 pm
Just Joined

Hi,you may be right,i'm in Peniche 16th-23rd jan,and i will try to get more information.One thing that i have to say is,i shoot for the "pot"I eat my kills because it is fresh meat,i've been to see how chickens are bred for the table and its digusting,same for sheep,pigs,and cattle,as least my meat is what I call happy meat,its had a free life,eaten what it wants(no pre-fattening),and its a quick end,sorry to go on,but,i very seldom buy meat from the supermarkets,thanks for taking the time to reply, best wishes Alan
Old Feb 10th 2007, 6:24 pm
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

A quick ending?

Sure, I'm sure its over the moon when you miss with your first shot and then scare it shitless as it waits for the next one.

Sorry, no hunting is justifiable in my book. I hope you enjoy your life in Portugal, just as the Boar was doing before you splattered it's brains across the forest.

No offence like
Old Feb 12th 2007, 11:26 am
BE Forum Addict

gedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by derbyflan
A quick ending?

Sure, I'm sure its over the moon when you miss with your first shot and then scare it shitless as it waits for the next one.

Sorry, no hunting is justifiable in my book. I hope you enjoy your life in Portugal, just as the Boar was doing before you splattered it's brains across the forest.

No offence like
Hunting in my area is a real pain in the arse as while the hunters are out it really aint safe for me to go for a walk with the dog off the lead as we are both at risk of being shot.....should be private land only where they can hunt, then that way it will only be there own dogs who are accidently shot(as often happens here).

p.s we have "happy" chickens,corn fed and they run about for a couple of years giving us great eggs......till my wifes 87 year old grandmother gets a grip of their necks
Old Feb 12th 2007, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

dollydimple62 will become famous soon enough

Well having read all your posts, I shall do some research and get back to you chaps with regards to the law...My hubby has a few shotguns and various things he uses for shoots on our own land in Scotland.. we are due to move out to portugal (own land farm etc) in the summer and he wants to take his gear out...

so watch this space as I have contacted the EU on laws... he did get his guns from Sweden without much hassle... just paper work needed and secure carriage...

Dolly
Old Feb 12th 2007, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

Post Re: Portugals Firearms Laws a PS

You dont have to shooot In portugal itself... my hubby wants his gund with him so he can carry on popping over to Scotland and have a weeks shoot with his freinds....

although I will miss the fresh meat (thats not from tesco caged garbage in plastic warppings LOL )

each to his own..............

Dolly
Old Feb 13th 2007, 7:36 pm
Just Joined

Unhappy Re: Portugals Firearms Laws

Hi everybody, thanks for all the replies to my original question,I shan't be coming over to Portugal as I've just had my third heart attack,followed by surgery again,so all of the wild animals are now safe from me,I shan't be posting on this site again,so I'll wish everyone Health and Happiness,bye.
Old Feb 13th 2007, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

"I've just had my third heart attack,followed by surgery again,so all of the wild animals are now safe from me,I shan't be posting on this site again,so I'll wish everyone Health and Happiness,bye."

Just in case you ever do log back on.... Just wanted to say God Bless...

Sincere wishes
Dolly
Old Feb 14th 2007, 12:50 pm
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everybody, thanks for all the replies to my original question,I shan't be coming over to Portugal as I've just had my third heart attack,followed by surgery again,so all of the wild animals are now safe from me,I shan't be posting on this site again,so I'll wish everyone Health and Happiness,bye.

I'm very sorry to hear about your medical condition Alan. i hope that you make as good a recovery as possible and one day find your place in the sun.
Old Feb 14th 2007, 6:03 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Sorry to hear about this. I do hope you recover well. Portugal might be just what you need - stress-free environment.