Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

portugal or spain cant decide.

portugal or spain cant decide.

Old May 21st 2007, 2:02 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice
Default Re: portugal or spain cant decide.

Originally Posted by crispygirl
There is also black money in Portugal, I have friends that have lost properties because they would not pay it....
What is this black money?
Old May 21st 2007, 6:54 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
What is this black money?
It is where you buy a house that is worth 100,000€ for 80,000 and pay 20,000 cash.
The seller just declares and pays taxes on the 80,000, this is alright if you get the same when you sell, if not you get stuffed for 20,000 extra capital gains tax on it.
Although allegedly illegal, it has been common practice in Spain for years.
Old May 21st 2007, 9:52 am
BE Forum Addict

gedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Marbella guy
Problem with Portugal is its full of wierdos and peadophiles.

Just check some of the posts on the Missing girl
Twat!
Old May 21st 2007, 10:16 am
Just Joined

COKOLISO is an unknown quantity at this point

there is no connection between liking the country and the temperature of the ocean, except for sarcastic people looking for attention. I know what beaches are 'cause living in the US, I have experience many beaches in the Americas...including the Caribbean.
Old May 21st 2007, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

Arightpair is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by COKOLISO
there is no connection between liking the country and the temperature of the ocean, except for sarcastic people looking for attention. I know what beaches are 'cause living in the US, I have experience many beaches in the Americas...including the Caribbean.
So called "black money" has been stopped in Portugal with the rearrangment of taxes in the last 2 years, they will recharge you in arrears if your solicitor underdeclares.
Manny
Old May 21st 2007, 12:12 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Arightpair
So called "black money" has been stopped in Portugal with the rearrangment of taxes in the last 2 years, they will recharge you in arrears if your solicitor underdeclares.
Manny

Hopefully this is correct, but it was still live and kicking this time last year, really hope this rearrangement of taxes sorts it out. We had to pay black money for our house in Spain, at the time of buying it was the norm and happened quite openly in the banks and notary office. When we sell we will loose out as we will not be asking for black money, it is best to get things sorted and to be as legal as legal can be.
Old May 21st 2007, 2:28 pm
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gedscottish
Twat!

Ditto!
Old May 21st 2007, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

Hopefully this is correct, but it was still live and kicking this time last year, really hope this rearrangement of taxes sorts it out. We had to pay black money for our house in Spain, at the time of buying it was the norm and happened quite openly in the banks and notary office. When we sell we will loose out as we will not be asking for black money, it is best to get things sorted and to be as legal as legal can be.
From experience in Portugal I can tell you this is correct and the tax man in Portugal decides if you have underdeclared.

I note you are from Spain which of course runs completely different laws to Portugal. I only know that the Portugese are hotting up big time on tax evasion.
Elaine
Old May 21st 2007, 2:46 pm

From experience in Portugal I can tell you this is correct and the tax man in Portugal decides if you have underdeclared.

I note you are from Spain which of course runs completely different laws to Portugal. I only know that the Portugese are hotting up big time on tax evasion.
Elaine

Yes, I live in Spain at the moment, but my house is on the market as a move to PT is planned, have spotted a house near Tornada on the Silver Coast keeping exact location a secret in case that clerigogirl grabs it before I do.

If you don't mind me asking what are your plans?
Old May 21st 2007, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

Yes, I live in Spain at the moment, but my house is on the market as a move to PT is planned, have spotted a house near Tornada on the Silver Coast keeping exact location a secret in case that clerigogirl grabs it before I do.

If you don't mind me asking what are your plans?
Hi
Yes built in VdT married to a Portugeezer will sell in the next couple of years to move north to Alentejo or around Obidos/Caldas area - we looked at Chiclana but my husband decided he really did not want to live in Spain in any shape or form.
Elaine
Old May 21st 2007, 6:58 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Hi
Yes built in VdT married to a Portugeezer will sell in the next couple of years to move north to Alentejo or around Obidos/Caldas area - we looked at Chiclana but my husband decided he really did not want to live in Spain in any shape or form.
Elaine

Old May 21st 2007, 10:21 pm

Hi
Elaine

I have a friend who is also married to a portugeezer (great word) they have a holiday home in Portimao but will be selling up at the end of the year to go north to Alentejo where they hope to take early retirement (she does but he is still a bit young). Hey Obidos/Caldas we will be piratically neighbors Tornanda is just outside Caldas on the way to Sao Martinho, my friends hubby wants to live in Spain but he said his Portuguese family would be over the boarder looking for

You are most probs on to a good thing, there are quite a few Brits wanting to move from Chiclana up into Portugal, Chiclana has a lot to offer in some aspects and can be a comfortable place to live if you have the money.
Old May 21st 2007, 11:23 pm
Just Joined

COKOLISO is an unknown quantity at this point

it is my understanding that houses that are bought in Portugal for less than 80,000 euros are not taxed by the government. Am I right?
coko
Old May 22nd 2007, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

I have a friend who is also married to a portugeezer (great word) they have a holiday home in Portimao but will be selling up at the end of the year to go north to Alentejo where they hope to take early retirement (she does but he is still a bit young). Hey Obidos/Caldas we will be piratically neighbors Tornanda is just outside Caldas on the way to Sao Martinho, my friends hubby wants to live in Spain but he said his Portuguese family would be over the boarder looking for

You are most probs on to a good thing, there are quite a few Brits wanting to move from Chiclana up into Portugal, Chiclana has a lot to offer in some aspects and can be a comfortable place to live if you have the money.
I dont know if Richard from Azul Properties is registered on this site, but he is on Expatfocus.com and is extremely knowledgeable he would almost certainly reply to the above question.
Elaine
Old May 22nd 2007, 2:40 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Marbella guy
Problem with Portugal is its full of wierdos and peadophiles.

Just check some of the posts on the Missing girl
If you are going to call us names,please get the spelling right on both,otherwise it makes you look uneducated and stupid,which of course we know you are not

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.