Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

The Portugal Saloon

The Portugal Saloon

Old Apr 25th 2017, 4:15 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Portugal Saloon

Originally Posted by carvoeiro
is it because us trolls get fed up with mf - even here the first thing he tried was to control and trash this topic
second thing was to blame everyone who disagreed
its becoming a very boring repeat
he usually gets peter to complain immediately - hence the moderator - they really should go and get a room
I see that our messages went on a the same time.

No not that either.

If you want this thread to succeed you all need to leave your egos at the door and forget previous difficulties.

Rosemary
Old Apr 25th 2017, 4:15 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Is it the " B " word ?

I cannot stand cream eggs.
Old Apr 25th 2017, 4:18 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
Is it the " B " word ?

I cannot stand cream eggs.
No.

I love cream eggs, so sweet and very sickly.

Rosemary
Old Apr 25th 2017, 4:24 pm

Any more guesses?

Rosemary
Old Apr 25th 2017, 4:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

carvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond repute

is it because the moderators keep cluttering the topic up
Old Apr 25th 2017, 4:32 pm

I am disappointed at the lack of females joining in. Not surprised though because if you look back through the posts it is dominated by male wishes and many women do not want to enter a bar that is meant purely for men.

So on that note I propose that the walls are painted bright pink (I hate that colour), perhaps some flowers to improve the ambiance and definitely some air freshener.

OK I know that you all hate me for stringing you along and making your brains hurt due to thinking what you had all done wrong but hey ho thats life.

Back on topic folks!!!!! Oh wait there is no real topic, it is a meandering thread.

Play nicely and this thread could go on a long time.

Rosemary
Old Apr 25th 2017, 4:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

carvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond repute

is it because Genie and Rosemary came into a men only room
Old Apr 25th 2017, 5:03 pm

Have you all forgiven me yet?

I have a question. Do you get decent thunder storms in your various parts of Portugal? The query has arisen in my head because one is now rumbling away in my area but unfortunately for me they are rarely good because they remain the other side of the mountain that is behind my town.

Rosemary
Old Apr 25th 2017, 5:30 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosemary
Have you all forgiven me yet?

I have a question. Do you get decent thunder storms in your various parts of Portugal? The query has arisen in my head because one is now rumbling away in my area but unfortunately for me they are rarely good because they remain the other side of the mountain that is behind my town.

Rosemary
We get some really heavy ones in the Algarve.
A few years ago the roof of Faro airport was very badly damaged by one.
Albufeira has suffered serious flooding .
In Carvoeiro one developed into a tornado that as it went inland lifted vans onto balconies, destroyed mobile homes.
Old Apr 25th 2017, 5:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

on the South west coast we get storms - heavy rain and serious winds - but rarely thunder and lightening - only a handful of times every year
and very occasionally - every other year - 5 minutes of hailstones as big as golf balls

Last edited by carvoeiro; Apr 25th 2017 at 5:50 pm.
Old Apr 25th 2017, 6:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

i was actually in Carvoeiro the day of the Tornado - very scary thing
i-ve been there with some very heavy rain - when it really rains the main streets in and out turn into a river running into the sea - but i dont remember very much thunder and lightening
Old Apr 25th 2017, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

Knoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond repute

I'm loving the fact Richard actually replied to my obviously flawed suggestion to Carv about 'cut n pasting' the letter X.

Oh and my sheer naughtiness of calling The EU a Federal state.

I was going to be away for a couple of hours, so thought it might keep Rosemary busy.
Old Apr 25th 2017, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

Knoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond repute

Stood for ages trying to catcher a flash last year. Was weird to have so much lightning but no rain
Attached Files
Old Apr 25th 2017, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

zoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nice

Originally Posted by carvoeiro
i was actually in Carvoeiro the day of the Tornado - very scary thing
i-ve been there with some very heavy rain - when it really rains the main streets in and out turn into a river running into the sea - but i dont remember very much thunder and lightening
My parents live in Porches and my father says that he had not see weather like the "Tornado" you speak of since 1945!

Do you live in Carvoeiro? Mom (probably mum for most here) and I used to take the bus from Lagôa to Carvoeiro very often in the 60s to go to the beach.

I've been back to Portugal many times and drove through Carvoeiro but haven't been on the beach since the 60's. I have to try this summer, but parking is impossible.
Old Apr 25th 2017, 7:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

Here on the west coast, lightning and thunder seem to be a bit rare.
Wind and rain we get plenty of; I suppose I'd need to ask a meteorologist why there aren't more electrical discharges.

Non political sub-thread... The Weather, what a good British discussion!
Actually, despite my limited language skills, I detect people talking about the weather in every country I visit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.