Reload this Page >

Pets-allowed long term rental wanted

Pets-allowed long term rental wanted

Old Feb 20th 2017, 8:29 am
Just Joined

AngelaB71 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pets-allowed long term rental wanted

Hi
I'm looking to rent a property while I house-hunt in the Coimbra region, although would consider Algarve and elsewhere. It needs to have a private garden so my 3 dogs don't annoy any neighbours and well away from busy roads so my 6 cats can roam safely. Also needs reliable internet so I can work online while I search. Ideally, I'd like to find a house to buy then rent that while I sell my UK property, so if you know anyone struggling to sell who might want to do a deal, let me know!

If anyone can recommend any towns where a single Brit could live with a veterinarian and shops etc close by and public transport links to an airport, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks, Ange
Old Feb 20th 2017, 8:57 am
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pets-allowed long term rental wanted

Originally Posted by AngelaB71
Hi
I'm looking to rent a property while I house-hunt in the Coimbra region, although would consider Algarve and elsewhere. It needs to have a private garden so my 3 dogs don't annoy any neighbours and well away from busy roads so my 6 cats can roam safely. Also needs reliable internet so I can work online while I search. Ideally, I'd like to find a house to buy then rent that while I sell my UK property, so if you know anyone struggling to sell who might want to do a deal, let me know!

If anyone can recommend any towns where a single Brit could live with a veterinarian and shops etc close by and public transport links to an airport, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks, Ange
3 dogs & 6 cats is a very big ask of any landlord & I reckon you'll struggle to find anywhere half decent with that requirement........ but it might help if you mentioned what breeds the dogs are?

We're near Figueiro Dos Vinhos, we do have a rental & we do sometimes accept certain pets but that many would be out of the question I'm afraid.
Old Feb 21st 2017, 9:58 am
Just Joined

There's a typo in my original post - it should read that I'm interested in renting a house with a view to buying it once my UK property has sold (rather than buy to rent!).. my dogs are all 3 small rescues, house-trained and non-destructive. I'm especially interested in the Coimbra region,

Thanks

Ange
Old Feb 21st 2017, 10:26 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AngelaB71
Hi

Thanks, Ange

Hi from the France forum, your thread caught my eye and, since the subject has come up on the France forum in the past, I checked the regulations for more than 5 domestic pets entering Portugal:
Portugal Pet Passport - Current Dog and Cat Import Requirements
indicates that more than 5 pets will be considered "commercial" and will require extra paperwork, in addition to the usual Certificates.
You should consider this if you wish to bring all your pets with you...
Likewise if you're working in Portugal, even on-line at home, I imagine that you would need to set up a Portuguese business structure, but I'll leave it to the "locals" to give you more details! I just wanted to make you aware of the "pets" regulations.
Old Feb 21st 2017, 10:37 am
Just Joined

That's helpful, thank you. I remember reading that the maximum number of animals in one transport is 5 or 6 so I'd have to do runs but didn't know about the 'commercial' thing,

Ange
Old Feb 21st 2017, 10:39 am
Just Joined

Hi thanks for that. I knew the max I could bring is 5 but didn't realise that's why - I expect it'd be easier to do 2 transports but will see how tricky the paperwork is.

Ange