Peregrine

Old Jun 26th 2013, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

Bratwurst is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Peregrine

I know Portugal's laws are a massive landmine but hopefully someone who has DIRECT knowledge could point me in the right direction to owning one of these beautiful, graceful birds. Please don't answer if you have a mate whose friends grandfather may have owned one a few years back.
Old Jun 28th 2013, 2:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

steve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Peregrine

i know a Croate who lives in a council flat in Bromsgrove who can get you as many as you like - so long as its not on the day he's collecting his benefits or winter fuel allowance - goes down to the local warm pub to celebrate on that day
Old Jun 29th 2013, 4:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by steve01
i know a Croate who lives in a council flat in Bromsgrove who can get you as many as you like - so long as its not on the day he's collecting his benefits or winter fuel allowance - goes down to the local warm pub to celebrate on that day
Started a little early in day 'eh Steve?
Old Jun 29th 2013, 8:19 am
BE Enthusiast

steve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud ofsteve01 has much to be proud of

Ah yes the joys of the little mushrooms.

You apparently can't take them across the border - ironic when you think about it - birds that is, but i'm sure there's also a mushroom law somewhere.

CITES - Peregrines are a very protected species - you'd never live long enough to fill the forms in even if you could find one for sale - why not have a tattoo of one instead - anyway i've heard they taste like chicken

I believe theres a pub in the Algarve that has them as prizes in a local Bingo game - but its 20 years hard labour for not winning a bottle of plonk so i can't imagine what the fine would be for actually winning a Peregrine - not to mention the birdwatching brigade boycotting Algarve holidays thereafter - another nail in the coffin.

p.s i used to have an RS500 - 13 years , used it every day - just thought i'd throw that in - like you do

Last edited by steve01; Jun 29th 2013 at 8:29 am.
Old Jun 29th 2013, 8:55 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Hog is on a distinguished road

The is a Fishing and Hunting' fayre at the Exposition Centre in Tavira next weekend.
Whatever your thoughts are on fishing or hunting it is quite an good show to go to - hunting dog displays, hunting fashion show (seriously) and all sorts of equipment/animals for sale as well as an array of food to try.
I remember seeing an impressive birds of prey display but have no idea if they were available for sale though.
Old Jun 29th 2013, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Why's a Peregrine Falcon like a night out in Albufeira

All the birds look better with a bag over their heads
Old Jun 29th 2013, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

Ah yes the joys of the little mushrooms.

You apparently can't take them across the border - ironic when you think about it - birds that is, but i'm sure there's also a mushroom law somewhere.

CITES - Peregrines are a very protected species - you'd never live long enough to fill the forms in even if you could find one for sale - why not have a tattoo of one instead - anyway i've heard they taste like chicken

I believe theres a pub in the Algarve that has them as prizes in a local Bingo game - but its 20 years hard labour for not winning a bottle of plonk so i can't imagine what the fine would be for actually winning a Peregrine - not to mention the birdwatching brigade boycotting Algarve holidays thereafter - another nail in the coffin.

p.s i used to have an RS500 - 13 years , used it every day - just thought i'd throw that in - like you do
My My, a full weekend session, Do you know anyone who has a villa in Carvoeiro, for sale, rent or even swop for my old toenail clippings??
Old Jun 29th 2013, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by The_Hog
The is a Fishing and Hunting' fayre at the Exposition Centre in Tavira next weekend.
Whatever your thoughts are on fishing or hunting it is quite an good show to go to - hunting dog displays, hunting fashion show (seriously) and all sorts of equipment/animals for sale as well as an array of food to try.
I remember seeing an impressive birds of prey display but have no idea if they were available for sale though.
Thanks for your sensible reply, the last hunting fayre I went to was in central PT, didn't know they happened in the Algarve. That's next weekend sorted. Thank You.
Old Jun 29th 2013, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

I'd swap you for a Peregrine Falcon - oh no i won't you haven't got one
Old Jun 29th 2013, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

ok.
(SNIP)

To deal with your post first - without the proper permits already in place its ilegal to own or attempt to own or assit to own a CITES registered endangered species- a potential huge fine for just asking the question - anyone kown this morons real name and i'm happy to pass it on to the police.
(SNIP)
I repeat someone let me have his real details and i'll pass on to cites/the police that this moron is looking to buy a protected species bird

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Jun 29th 2013 at 9:02 pm. Reason: Just to keep things calm
Old Jun 29th 2013, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

ok.

To deal with your post first - without the proper permits already in place its ilegal to own or attempt to own or assit to own a CITES registered endangered species- a potential huge fine for just asking the question - anyone kown this morons real name and i'm happy to pass it on to the police.

I repeat someone let me have his real details and i'll pass on to cites/the police that this moron is looking to buy a protected species bird
But Steven, my brother was/is a Falconer in the UK, and has several Peregrine.
(SNIP)

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Jun 29th 2013 at 9:03 pm. Reason: Lets calm it down shall we
Old Jun 29th 2013, 6:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

According to wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peregrine_Falcon
the peregrine falcon is not endangered at all; it's conservation status is classified as "least concern".
Old Jun 29th 2013, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

Many thanks to everyone who have sent me PM's, no doubt some felt that they did'nt want to face the Wrath of Steven.
This link sent by a member looks very interesting to me
http://www.falconry.ca/europe.htm#Eduardo%20Cabral