Olhao

Old Jan 14th 2007, 2:24 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice
Default Re: Olhao

Originally Posted by violets'n'vanilla
Please Nomad,

I would be very interested in any links,
already another link has prooved to be good, so I'm only too happy to indulge in any knowledge that anyone has. OBRIGADO MUITO MUITO.

ttfn

Oh how wonderful. Looks like you're not going to be the type to stand at the bank counter and yell that they don't speak English

Nomad, so glad you've bought. Hope you get to move soon. I'm so jealous, wish it was me
Old Jan 14th 2007, 5:25 pm
Escaped to the Sun

Mattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really nice

Re: Do any of you who have experienced health improvements, do you put it down to:
Less stress?
To the weather being less damp?
A few degrees warmer?
The pace of life?
The change in quality of life?
Change of diet?

Hi Vi
I'd say a big yes to all the above. Everything helps. We live in Vale da telha on West Atlantic coast of the Algarve and I'd recommend you give it a look. I have pals with Asthama and it clears up within 48 hrs of getting here. Most diabetics get better results and if you keep off the beer and get out and about you can even loose weight and get fit!
Good Luck Matts
Old Jan 14th 2007, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

violets'n'vanilla will become famous soon enough

Hi Matt and all,

You give such positive beams of light ~ wow

Now we know we're coming, it's just when and where left to sort.

Yes, I want my good health back, and I'm pretty sure that it will improve once we move.

TouristTrap, I do my best to try and speak the language of the country that I visit, not always easy, but I try, for years I have been getting Spanish under and around the tongue, but as things have turned out I now hove to retrain my tongue, it shouldn't be too difficult, she says. But what I will say is that when in Spain, with my efforts of Spanish, the Spaniards were always happy to accept my success and failure with their language, I can laugh at my errors, and they can see that I don't mind being corrected, can you tell me, are the Portuguese as forgiving? Having not spent much time experiencing this, it sounds like you have, por favor pode vocĂȘ dizer-me?

haha, ttfn...

ps Matt, don't drink , upsets the tum, looking forward to the speed walking 1-2-3-4 puff puff and NO I don't mean that speed!! haha, is the shell suit compulsory? Or is it just t-shirt and shorts? 1-2-3-4 puff puff teehee, its going to be fun getting slim again.... sorry if you think I'm mad but I can see our paradise in the distance.

Last edited by violets'n'vanilla; Jan 14th 2007 at 6:13 pm.
Old Jan 14th 2007, 11:57 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Portuguese folk are the friendliest on earth (when they're dealing with foreigners that is! lol) and love it when you try to speak their language.....
Old Jan 15th 2007, 12:00 am
BE Enthusiast

omostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant future

weve lived here in Tomar in central portugal (1hour north of lisbon)for about 2 years now and it really is a great place to live, if you have never been to the central region its well worth a look. it is completely different to the algarve, better pace of life, much much less expensive to live, lovely lakes and forests and things are green! very helpful friendly locals...
since we moved here our family & friends have come to vist and they too have all bought here in the central region, as for renting it is much more affordable here, while you look around for a place of your own.

Last edited by jdr; Jan 15th 2007 at 6:27 pm. Reason: Please do not post promotional url`s to your site re rule 8
Old Jan 15th 2007, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

Hi omostra06

You have lived in Tomar in central portugal for 2 years.

One of the only things that has worried me about this area of forestry etc, are the stories about forest fires. Has it been a worry for you?

It is somewhere that I have been researching and looks very idealistic.
Old Jan 15th 2007, 4:06 pm
Just Joined

vdtfan is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Olhao

I'm off to Olhao on Wednesday and then on to western algarve.
I agree with mattiespeople Vale de Telha is a healthy and reasonably inexpensive place to live, theres a lot of building going on right now which only means lots of bargains to be had
My neighbours has been living there for the last 20 years, in their eighties, both have health issues but reckon being there has prolonged their lives
Old Jan 15th 2007, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

Have a great trek
Old Jan 15th 2007, 6:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

omostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant future

hi violets'n'vanilla
yes weve been here for 2 years were in a small village just 1 mile from the castelo do bode lake, its a great place to live the lake stretches for 40 miles.

we are rebuilding an old farm house which is taking a while as were using a lot of stone and traditional materials.

as for the forest fires, we were a little worried when we first came here. but now its no problem as we have experianced a fire that came very close to our properrty its just one of those things, it happens in spain and france too, the danger is less now that people are starting to keep the forests and land free from flamable debris like old branches, scrub etc. the burnt area very quickly regenerated and started to grow again as soon as we had some rain.

Last edited by jdr; Jan 15th 2007 at 6:25 pm. Reason: Please do not post promotional urls to your site, re rule 8
Old Jan 15th 2007, 6:50 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by omostra06
hi violets'n'vanilla
yes weve been here for 2 years were in a small village just 1 mile from the castelo do bode lake, its a great place to live the lake stretches for 40 miles.
Does it smell really bad?
Old Jan 15th 2007, 7:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

the fires? no not too bad just like a normal fire. soon goes. the portugese people also mostly take it in their stride. the old lady next to us was talking to us about the fires the day after they had passed, we were looking at her almond trees which were completely burnt black. she was picking off the almonds and we all ate some, she said well at least its easier when we can pick 'roasted almonds' straight off the tree, saves time she is a bit of a character. oh and the trees came back too. most of the trees survive the fires.