OK THAT'S IT

Old Jan 13th 2017, 11:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OK THAT'S IT

Originally Posted by MrBife
When I first got my postbox I made a point to speak to the local 'postie', introduce myself so he knew my name, find out the name of his wife and first born so we could swap pleasantries and I give him 1000 escudos that first Christmas. (It was a while ago !)

Since then I have had nothing but amazing service, have often had things brought to the house, have had them kept at the post office if they knew I was out of town.

I would encourage anyone else to treat the post people well and be nice to them, they don't get paid much or get much in the way of thanks + they will love you for it

I think your talking WAY BACK Mr Bife if your talking escudos.. LOL..
No chance to talk to the postie as he really does only serve the immediate village,not the estates around it. Those lovely cosy days are gone
Old Jan 13th 2017, 11:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

OK judging by just these few samples of frustration I think it's time we took it a bit further afield. i will get in touch with AFPOP and see if there is an opportunity to do something about this dilemma .

Will let you know Good luck with everyone's missing parcels/post
Old Jan 13th 2017, 11:37 am
BE Enthusiast

ouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond repute

We sometimes have a long wait for parcels, from Spain or England but others arrive within days.

Because we don't have a post box and the post man does not deliver along our road - and there are many houses along here - all the post goes to the one and only bar in the area.

There are postboxes, about 10 paces from the bar, but no-one uses them

Great excuse to go for a beer

When I ordered something from a Portuguese company, they assured me that the parcel would be delivered to my house, as I had to sign and pay for the parcel. I assured them they wouldn't.

I won

The bar owner had very kindly signed and paid for it - knowing I'd be in within a day or so.
Old Jan 13th 2017, 5:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by ouriquejan
We sometimes have a long wait for parcels, from Spain or England but others arrive within days.

Because we don't have a post box and the post man does not deliver along our road - and there are many houses along here - all the post goes to the one and only bar in the area.

There are postboxes, about 10 paces from the bar, but no-one uses them

Great excuse to go for a beer

When I ordered something from a Portuguese company, they assured me that the parcel would be delivered to my house, as I had to sign and pay for the parcel. I assured them they wouldn't.

I won

The bar owner had very kindly signed and paid for it - knowing I'd be in within a day or so.

LOL Ourique :
Old Jan 13th 2017, 8:48 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeniB
LOL Ourique :
Near Ourique. I guess the townies have their own postboxes

I've got a box, but it's a kilometre and a half from the house. Anything more than a letter goes to the taverna across the road and, like ouriquejan, I'm lucky that the owner happily takes things in, like it's their public duty!

Last year I was waiting for some plumbing bits and next thing I knew a neighbour brought them to me - he'd been at the taverna and the owner asked if he'd drop them off on his way home!

Social Networks here don't mean Facebook!!
Old Jan 13th 2017, 9:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

We had a place like that at first; but they closed down.
Then what do you do??
Old Jan 13th 2017, 9:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

ouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond repute

Macliam knows where I am - ish

Ourique is about 6 ish kms from the bar
Old Jan 17th 2017, 5:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Joy and misery ... Christmas presents from Oz finally showed up today, exactly two months to the day since posted.. Obviously opened by customs and got stuffed with a huge charge for VAT, absolutely amazing.
Old Jan 17th 2017, 10:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

VAT on presents!
terrible.
Old Jan 18th 2017, 4:07 am
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, Bom Natal from the Alfandega 😕
Old Jan 18th 2017, 5:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Today I received a regular piece of domestic mail; posted 23 December.