Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Now pay for Filmon

Now pay for Filmon

Old May 19th 2017, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

carvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Now pay for Filmon

facts not bull
Originally Posted by depper
Navi-x has not been shut down by Kodi. Kodi have nothing to do with it. It was being managed by TVAddons, who have now retired it (you're correct about the concerns over illegal streams though).

Not having a go - just making sure people get the correct info.

Navi-x retirement info here: https://www.tvaddons.ag/navix-kodi-farewell/
Old May 19th 2017, 12:17 pm
Just Joined

depper is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Matt26
Thanks, Carvoeiro, but I can't worry myself with ads and installments, I got no time But thanks a lot I am probably gonna go with <snip>, it's good and cheap (and 30 UK channels), and upfront which I really like... Be good
To be honest, if you're going to pay 7.99€ per month for 30 channels, you may as well go for IPTV and pay 10€ per month for 300+ channels.

Last edited by christmasoompa; May 19th 2017 at 8:47 pm. Reason: Company name in quoted post removed
Old May 19th 2017, 12:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

peterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, Carvoeiro, but I can't worry myself with ads and installments, I got no time But thanks a lot I am probably gonna go with <snip>, it's good and cheap (and 30 UK channels), and upfront which I really like... Be good
You get Mucho more channels on http://robssatellitetv.com/ and Mucho less money

When you have to pay then pay but until then Mucho more money in your pocket.

Peter

Last edited by christmasoompa; May 19th 2017 at 8:46 pm. Reason: Company name removed
Old May 19th 2017, 12:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

peterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest, if you're going to pay 7.99€ per month for 30 channels, you may as well go for IPTV and pay 10€ per month for 300+ channels.
Good grief 120€ a year I can fly return to the UK twice for that to see my 92 year old Mum.

Seems everybody has nothing better to do that watch TV all day.

Peter
Old May 19th 2017, 12:36 pm
Just Joined

No, I would pay €4 per month since I would take the whole year. What is the IPTV option? Is it HD and do you have catch-up? 300+ channels are great I don't understand a lot of the new technical things, never did like it even though I am young...
As an example, see these guys: https://fabiptv.com. £65 for a year. 300+ channels including all Sky content. Mostly HD. Catch up and Video-on-demand included.

(I'm not connected to them by the way).

Submit a ticket through their site and ask for a free trial (and further info).
Old May 19th 2017, 12:42 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

As an example, see these guys: https://fabiptv.com. £65 for a year. 300+ channels including all Sky content. Mostly HD. Catch up and Video-on-demand included.

(I'm not connected to them by the way).

Submit a ticket through their site and ask for a free trial (and further info).
Not legal, a signal and copywrite stealer.
Just the type of sites that are now being targeted by the main broadcasters.
Sky is only legally available by subscription.
You pays your money and could lose it overnight if, when they are closed down,
Old May 19th 2017, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, but what does that have to do with UK TV now? I am at their page, they ask for a subscription, then install this download that and I can see that they have a subscription and premium page but I can't see the prices... It is clearly not free, but I can't see the price? That doesn't give me a warm feeling in my tummy I like when everything is clear, and I am searching for options. <snip> has one hour free and costs 48 euros per year, that is cool, but I still want to know other options... If you are using the UK TV now app can you tell me their prices and what do I get because this page is confusing to me, and I am not very techie... Film On is gone, Thai TV also, so exploring options, legal options
Sorry I thought you were asking about FilmOn... UKTVNow is an Android App , no charges associated , just a case of downloading it either to your phone or if you have an android box connected to your TV you can download straight to the box.

UKTVNOW

Are you trying to download the "premium" version ? That is ad free and may have charges

Last edited by christmasoompa; May 19th 2017 at 8:38 pm. Reason: Company name in quoted post removed
Old May 19th 2017, 7:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

IPTV is an illegal service, I just checked, and so are most of those. And UK TV now certainly looks like something to be avoided, no written costs, no trial??? Check <snip>, they are legal and their offer is great, plus the service is truly good, and you get a fair trial. Maybe the IPTV offers more channels but I don't want to subscribe to something and just lose my money and service once the server is closed...
Not sure what site you are on / have been to. Have been using UKTVNow since FilmOn changed to subscription - just watched Channel 4 News and BBC1 . No charge, no sign in , all just click and watch.

Last edited by christmasoompa; May 19th 2017 at 8:37 pm. Reason: Quoted link removed
Old May 19th 2017, 7:36 pm
Just Joined

There's also https://www.firstonetv.eu
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 3:20 pm
Banned

garycarlyle is an unknown quantity at this point

Can an admin contact me about advertising, please? I have tried the link but it goes to some automobile thing.
Old Aug 4th 2017, 11:02 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by garycarlyle
Can an admin contact me about advertising, please? I have tried the link but it goes to some automobile thing.
I have sent an admin email to the contact email you registered to BE with.

As per our site rules, there is no advertising or promotion of any kind on our open chat forums.

Thanks
Old Aug 6th 2017, 6:51 am
Banned

garycarlyle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by macliam
So, now there's nothing wrong, in your opinion, with people wanting to see UK television? Well, I'm glad that's settled.

I have previously said that the national broadcasters are doing themselves a disservice by not catching up with the times, but it is (ironically) copyright law that prevents them, not technology. When national broadcasters actually start to sell "normal" content to the cable and satellite companies, other than just selections, then the market may change - but until then it will stay as now.

Nothing yet has stopped people accessing free-to-air broadcasts from any country, whether via streaming or use of VPNs, or other technologies. All that has happened in the case of Filmon is that a previously "free" service built a substantial user base and decided to monetize their operation. There is no moral or legal reason, their basis in law has not changed, they are just trying to make more cash than they were previously getting. So people will look to the next provider. The market will continue to be differentiated by quality and price. If no "free" option exists, then people will look for best value - and that's unlikely to be any of the existing satellite or cable companies.

Rather than criticising others for their choice of viewing or access, it would be far better if this forum provided REAL information on the options available to people - which is where it started.
The problem with trying to list them is that availability changes daily.