Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Not changed to PT licence within 2 years

Not changed to PT licence within 2 years

Old Jul 21st 2017, 12:52 pm
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Not changed to PT licence within 2 years

Originally Posted by macliam
I'm not going to argue with you Eric, but consistency?

If I've read the above incorrectly, so be it, and I have no direct experience of the licensing rules as they do not apply to me. However, given the whole reason for this thread and my own experiences of differential application on "the rules", I stand by my post.
Consistent with the current rules as I understand them (as per my first post), yes, allowing for different scenarios according to the age of the driver and the expiry date of the UK licence / photocard.
Old Jul 21st 2017, 2:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Not changed to PT licence within 2 years

I have a French lifetime driving license. If the license is on lifetime base, you need to change that into a Portugese one within 2 years.
I am not happy with that, but that is the rule.

When I spoke with real estate agents in the Algarve, they tell their French clients to continue with their French license and French plates (car) .......