Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Non EU residency rule change

Non EU residency rule change

Old Sep 2nd 2017, 9:58 am
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute
Default Non EU residency rule change

This might be of interest to some.

https://dre.pt/web/guest/home/-/dre/...ails/maximized
Portuguese Immigration Law New updates
Old Sep 2nd 2017, 1:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ukkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to all
Default Re: Non EU residency rule change

So there goes the Golden Visa regime. No more need to purchase property of €300k anymore? Are the gates now open for the refugees?
Old Sep 2nd 2017, 8:35 pm
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ukkram
Are the gates now open for the refugees?
They already were - although that's rather a diversion from the subject of the thread.

https://www.newsdeeply.com/refugees/...economic-sense
Old Sep 3rd 2017, 8:20 am
Banned

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mfesharne
...But this is only seems to apply for non-Portuguese nationals, who have a contract of labour.... right?
Old Sep 3rd 2017, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 007Steve
...But this is only seems to apply for non-Portuguese nationals, who have a contract of labour.... right?

As I read it the change applies to non EU passport holders who enter on a visa such as Schengen & it then allows them to apply for a D type residency/work visa whilst here in Portugal.

If I'm right, it'd be a massive help for people such as white Africans (amongst others) who need to get out of their own country, have the skills to earn a living here (even on a self employed basis) but lack the lump sum for the Golden Visa.
Old Sep 3rd 2017, 10:55 am
Banned

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute

As I read it the change applies to non EU passport holders who enter on a visa such as Schengen & it then allows them to apply for a D type residency/work visa whilst here in Portugal.

If I'm right, it'd be a massive help for people such as white Africans (amongst others) who need to get out of their own country, have the skills to earn a living here (even on a self employed basis) but lack the lump sum for the Golden Visa.
Aahhh... the fog clears. Ingenious pre-planning.
So, has Trump bought his place, or the development sit/s yet?... Being a golfer I guess he can ue the existing GV scheme to shift money on & off shore.
Old Sep 3rd 2017, 11:12 am
BE Forum Addict

I could well have misunderstood it but if I have got it right it could make a massive difference to Portugal & many people with good skills but not so much capital & that can't be a bad thing.

Although I have to say I find it very surprising that Portugal can make it's own rules that don't toe the EU line.
Old Sep 3rd 2017, 1:31 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

I could well have misunderstood it but if I have got it right it could make a massive difference to Portugal & many people with good skills but not so much capital & that can't be a bad thing.

Although I have to say I find it very surprising that Portugal can make it's own rules that don't toe the EU line.
One of Maddonas adopted has joined the Benfica academy ,
As the report said she will probably have the 500k as loose change.
Given the views of those coming from S.A.and Zimbabwe , Portugal is the last place I would want them.
Old Sep 3rd 2017, 1:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ukkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to all

I think it is only me and mfesharne that come from Africa and I for one, am not happy with this news.

Last edited by Ukkram; Sep 3rd 2017 at 1:43 pm.
Old Sep 3rd 2017, 6:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by EMR
One of Maddonas adopted has joined the Benfica academy ,
As the report said she will probably have the 500k as loose change.
Given the views of those coming from S.A.and Zimbabwe , Portugal is the last place I would want them.
That's a bit of a sweeping statement & perhaps verging very closely on racism don't you think?

Perhaps this might be a more reasonable way of justification for them coming in.

Is world ignoring white genocide?

I'll refrain from posting the more graphic details & images out of respect for the victims.
Old Sep 3rd 2017, 6:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

EMR has obviously never been to Africa. I had to send my kids to the UK as Africa is not meant for white people to live in. Me and wife had to flee to PT.
Old Sep 3rd 2017, 6:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

EMR has obviously never been to Africa. I had to send my kids to the UK as Africa is not meant for white people to live in. Me and wife had to flee to PT.
You're dead right on that.

Still, the good news is no-one shoots at you or tries to hijack you & there's no need to carry a sidearm here.

I'm all for more Saffers under persecution being allowed in.
Old Sep 3rd 2017, 7:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

I think it is only me and mfesharne that come from Africa and I for one, am not happy with this news.
I think it depends on how you look at it....... As I see it, the rule change should make it easier for white Africans whatever their cultural backgrounds that have a good work ethic, skills & the culture to fit in to get out of the hole they're in & make a safe & successful new life & that can't be a bad thing.
Old Sep 3rd 2017, 7:28 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Africa is a huge continent not a village.
You might as well say that you would not send your kids to Asia.
Given the past history of S.A. I can understand that those whise who benefited during those times are not comfortable or welcome now.
But moving their was their choice and in the case of some I know their reasons for going there were because of the government in power at that time.
They are not owed anything by the countries they left.
Old Sep 3rd 2017, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

The only reason I'm not happy about this is that PT may become non European in the long term. Overrun by non Europeans demanding their laws and foods.

Europe is for Europeans and should stay that way.
Although it could be argued that the vast majority of white Africans come from a European background & are far more culturally related to Europe than those currently trying to get to Europe in blow up boats etc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.