NOISE!!!

Old Aug 3rd 2015, 12:22 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NOISE!!!

Originally Posted by GeniB
Hmmmm Liveaboard Sooo glad I don't live near you then

Most people WORK in one way or another.i think people in a civilised society need to rely on at least one day of the week when they can relax and enjoy some peace and quiet.We try very hard to co-ordinte our 'noisy' jobs with others doing theirs during the week.If the neighbours gardener is strimming the hell out of all the bushes ,we will shred our kitchen and garden waste at the same time etc.
I can understand if it's harvest and jobs like using the combine or the cherry picker are bound by season and weather..but..do you REALLY have to do those jobs on a Sunday Live? I hope you at least wait until midday?
Regarding your new noisy tourists, do you know the owners , a polite enquiry as to their legal status ref renting might lead them to contact their guests and suggest that they keep the noise down.
For us Brits Sundays has never been a day of rest, it us one of the busier days for shopping visiting the diy store, garden centres and carrying out house, garden , car repairs etc.
If there is time even cram in a Bbq, kids birtday party etc etc.
K
Old Aug 3rd 2015, 4:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeniB
Hmmmm Liveaboard Sooo glad I don't live near you then

Most people WORK in one way or another.i think people in a civilised society need to rely on at least one day of the week when they can relax and enjoy some peace and quiet.
Yeah, I'm the neighbor from hell... I'm always working on something or other and often grinding or cutting with my machines. On the other hand, when anyone needs help I'm always willing.

Really, in this area no one makes a difference for Sundays. The tractors and pumps are rumbling, dogs are barking, folks are carrying their baskets and bundles between the village and the fields. Only the post office and the bank are closed.
I'm just going with the flow.
Anyway, there's only 1 house that's actually occupied [about 150 meters from me], and there's a kennel next to it. If they can stop the dogs barking Sunday, I'll stop my noise too!
Old Aug 3rd 2015, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

robcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond repute

We have english neighbours who keep taking strays in. They are now up to seven plus 4 recent rescued puppies.less than 50 yards away. Thank goodness we only come out for eight weeks in the year. Sleep is impossible with the window open on the hot nights.the dogs are all huge and I could happily strangle every one, and I am a dog lover!!
Old Aug 3rd 2015, 5:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by liveaboard
Yeah, I'm the neighbor from hell... I'm always working on something or other and often grinding or cutting with my machines. On the other hand, when anyone needs help I'm always willing.

Really, in this area no one makes a difference for Sundays. The tractors and pumps are rumbling, dogs are barking, folks are carrying their baskets and bundles between the village and the fields. Only the post office and the bank are closed.
I'm just going with the flow.
Anyway, there's only 1 house that's actually occupied [about 150 meters from me], and there's a kennel next to it. If they can stop the dogs barking Sunday, I'll stop my noise too!

I'll let you off then live It sounds like your community is happy with the noise you all make..thats the key..
Old Aug 3rd 2015, 5:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robcarolyn
We have english neighbours who keep taking strays in. They are now up to seven plus 4 recent rescued puppies.less than 50 yards away. Thank goodness we only come out for eight weeks in the year. Sleep is impossible with the window open on the hot nights.the dogs are all huge and I could happily strangle every one, and I am a dog lover!!
That's awful Carolyn. so many people have the same problem..would it not be possible to talk to them.? I think it is considered a Kennels if their are more than 5 dogs..You might mention that,because licences and rules apply..
Old Aug 3rd 2015, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

robcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond repute

I have been unable to find the facts regarding such licences if they do in fact exist.
Old Aug 3rd 2015, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

The one near us put up plastic sheeting so the dogs are no longer visible from the road; I assume the idea is to stop those interfering foreigners from making trouble.
On the other side of the road from the kennel is a German veterinarian clinic; they also keep rescue dogs in small boxes for long periods of time [months sometimes] until they can be exported. Some of them make a fuss and bark until their shipping is arranged.
We're just far enough away that we don't hear them with the doors closed; Our little dog used to go over to the fence and bark with them all in the evenings.
There seems to be no cure for barking dogs.
Old Aug 3rd 2015, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

I could think of several when it gets bad!
Old Aug 3rd 2015, 7:31 pm
Smokn Joy

Munsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond repute

We Americans have lots of ways to stop dogs barking incessantly.................
Old Aug 3rd 2015, 9:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kennel owner has guns; I don't!
Old Aug 3rd 2015, 9:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by EMR
Regarding your new noisy tourists, do you know the owners , a polite enquiry as to their legal status ref renting might lead them to contact their guests and suggest that they keep the noise down.
For us Brits Sundays has never been a day of rest, it us one of the busier days for shopping visiting the diy store, garden centres and carrying out house, garden , car repairs etc.
If there is time even cram in a Bbq, kids birtday party etc etc.
K
Owners of the three rental villas are a very well known i.e. prominent! Portuguese building company. They built to sell just before the crisis.They also built illegally close to properties and most of the the Estate complained.They didn't get habitation licences (might have by now this is before we arrived and bought) So in retaliation they put them up for rent with incredible cheap rents in the summer.Hence the low quality clients.It' s a gated community without a gatekeeper so you can't access it without a code.Getting info on who the tourists rent from is proving difficult. May have to start launching paper planes over the wall.
Old Aug 30th 2015, 6:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Portugal shooting: Three dead after domestic dispute

A 77-year-old man is said to have opened fire after a row over a barking dog.

Portugal shooting: Three dead after domestic dispute - BBC News
Old Sep 2nd 2015, 5:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thats absolutely dreadful Fred...Three totally innocent people had to lose their lives because people could not behave reasonable about something so basic as controlling their dog.I have just come back from spending a couple of nights with friends in a villa they hired outside Fundao..Quiet countryside...Not on your life..Incessant dog barking all night, Including the one the owner left behind for them to look after (unasked) Yikes. Poor thing was chained to a long line set from one side of the property to the other..WHAT ? I asked could he do if anyone came to burgle the house? watch from the sidelines!!? It makes zero sense.Having my dog INSIDE the house makes sense.