British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Portugal (https://britishexpats.com/forum/portugal-89/)
-   -   NHR scheme… (https://britishexpats.com/forum/portugal-89/nhr-scheme%E2%80%A6-907046/)

MDNBEE Dec 20th 2017 5:59 pm

NHR scheme…

I am thinking about applying for the NHR scheme, for those of you who have it did you apply yourself or did you use a third party?

Can anyone recommend a third party in the Algarve to help with the task

Any advice would be most welcomed

thanks
Martin

Loafing Along Dec 21st 2017 11:51 am

Re: NHR scheme…

Originally Posted by MDNBEE (Post 12402975)
I am thinking about applying for the NHR scheme, for those of you who have it did you apply yourself or did you use a third party?

Can anyone recommend a third party in the Algarve to help with the task

Any advice would be most welcomed

thanks
Martin

With a modicum of Portuguese you can do itself. It is an online process through the Finanzas web page.
You need to register on the page with your Fiscal Nº and your details they will then post to you a password ( takes about a week ) then you can go through the process which only requires a simple couple of questions.

This is the link to register : https://www.acesso.gov.pt/unauthed/n...daoForm.action

Finda portuguese speaker and sit with them on your PC if you struggle with the language.

Pilou Dec 29th 2017 3:05 pm

Hi,

To stop our fiscality in Spain we need a certificate for fiscal residency. We saw this pedido on the wensite of financas.

But you need to fill in an amount RENDIMENTOS (Q7)?? I don't understand. We just need a proof that we are now fiscal resident here.

Any one can help us out? Or can we go to financas and ask them?

Thanks!

Ingles Dec 29th 2017 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by Pilou (Post 12406937)
Hi,

To stop our fiscality in Spain we need a certificate for fiscal residency. We saw this pedido on the wensite of financas.

But you need to fill in an amount RENDIMENTOS (Q7)?? I don't understand. We just need a proof that we are now fiscal resident here.

Thanks!

= Income

Ukkram Dec 29th 2017 3:27 pm

To close my tax at the South African IRS I had to get an international certificate of tax residency. This was sent to me a few days after my visit to Finanças.

Pilou Dec 29th 2017 3:29 pm

Thanks a lot Ukkram! We will go and ask financas next week.

Loafing Along Dec 29th 2017 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by Pilou (Post 12406937)
Hi,

Thanks!

You can download it directly off the Finanzas website

Pilou Dec 29th 2017 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by Loafing Along (Post 12406999)
You can download it directly off the Finanzas website

This download is about a certain type of income. You need to fill in an amount.
What we need is a proof that we became fiscal resident in Portugal.

Our 'gestor' in Spain said that a copy of our NIF as resident and our official registo de residentia was not a proof.

Loafing Along Dec 29th 2017 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by Pilou (Post 12407021)
This download is about a certain type of income. You need to fill in an amount.
What we need is a proof that we became fiscal resident in Portugal.

Our 'gestor' in Spain said that a copy of our NIF as resident and our official registo de residentia was not a proof.

No it is a specific "Certificate of Fiscal Residency" and gives your Portuguese details , Tax Number, address etc etc. Relates specifically to double taxation status Portugal and Spain. Written in Portuguese and English.

I have had this document accepted by the Spanish tax Authorities without any problem.

You can apply if you are registered on the Finanzas site under "Obter Certidoes" .

Pilou Dec 29th 2017 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by Loafing Along (Post 12407023)
No it is a specific "Certificate of Fiscal Residency" and gives your Portuguese details , Tax Number, address etc etc. Relates specifically to double taxation status Portugal and Spain. Written in Portuguese and English.

I have had this document accepted by the Spanish tax Authorities without any problem.

You can apply if you are registered on the Finanzas site under "Obter Certidoes" .

Hi,
Thanks. It worked. It is the pedido 'domicilio'.
Before we tried the pedido certificado residentia fiscal, but that is the wrong choice.

Loafing Along Dec 29th 2017 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by Pilou (Post 12407091)
Hi,
Thanks. It worked. It is the pedido 'domicilio'.
Before we tried the pedido certificado residentia fiscal, but that is the wrong choice.

:thumbup::thumbup: