Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Need car insurance and breakdown cover

Need car insurance and breakdown cover

Old Jul 6th 2015, 7:12 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need car insurance and breakdown cover

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
I particularly like the quote below and believe it applies to this thread
I would add that on that particular thread the quote posted by Fred was in response to a comment that we have some members for who a troll is anyone that they do not agree with.

Regarding the Ibex policy yes the clause quoted by RH was one of the concerns I had.
Old Jul 6th 2015, 5:20 pm
Just Joined

Skinnylinny is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I use Fidelidade insurance in Lagos but they have branches all over. When I first took out insurance last October it was only third party but they have since started to do fully comprehensive so I upgraded when I returned on holiday in May. Hope this helps you.
Old Jul 6th 2015, 9:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

newintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nice

Somebody asks for a good company to insure their PT car and you suggest a company based in Gibraltar that is underwritten by a company in the UK, is this really good advice?

Do you have some connection with ibex as otherwise I really can't see why you would think think is the best option?!
In fairness, we've had good experiences with IBEX and their knowledge of private healthcare was second to none.

That said, when it came to renewing our PT car insurance they couldn't beat our renewal quote which was direct from Tranquilidade.
Old Jul 7th 2015, 12:05 am
BE Forum Addict

gedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Skinnylinny
Hi I use Fidelidade insurance in Lagos but they have branches all over. When I first took out insurance last October it was only third party but they have since started to do fully comprehensive so I upgraded when I returned on holiday in May. Hope this helps you.
They always did do fully comp.