Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Moving to Portugal with a baby

Moving to Portugal with a baby

Old Apr 25th 2017, 5:34 pm
Just Joined

Yaz123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Portugal with a baby

Hi, i am moving to Portugal tomorrow and i need to get my sons third set of vacinations done as soon as possible. I am aware that if i dont go private i would have to do a few legal things?

Can someonw tell me what they are and how i do it?

Thank you
Old Apr 25th 2017, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

Knoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Portugal with a baby

From the little I know, I think one of the first things you need is a Fiscal number. Do you have your EHIC card from the NHS?
Old Apr 25th 2017, 8:37 pm
Just Joined

Yaz123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes i do.
Old Apr 25th 2017, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

Knoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond repute

Have a read of

http://britishexpats.com/forum/portu...rtugal-892767/

While the creatures of the night awaken from their afternoon snoozes
Old Apr 26th 2017, 5:06 am
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute

You don't say what passport you have so we can't advise you how easy it is to get registered but if a UK passport then registration shouldn't be too difficult in most areas (some do seem to be easier than others though) & for what it's worth, going private is usually considerably cheaper here than it is in the UK or US.

Probably best to make your first port of call at the local medical centre in whatever area you're going to be living & ask them......... most have at least one English speaker on the payroll
Old Apr 26th 2017, 3:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Naaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yaz123
Hi, i am moving to Portugal tomorrow and i need to get my sons third set of vacinations done as soon as possible. I am aware that if i dont go private i would have to do a few legal things?

Can someonw tell me what they are and how i do it?

Thank you
Just go to your local health center. Under Portuguese law, pregnant women and children get free health care, regardless of their residency status.