Reload this Page >

Moving to Eastern Algarve

Moving to Eastern Algarve

Old May 5th 2011, 1:55 pm
Just Joined

7maryrhos is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Eastern Algarve

Hi all
My pardner and I are looking for unfurnished house or cottage on the eastern side, to rent for at least 12months. Most of the advertisement we have seen in the local papers,eg; Th Portugal News,and The 123, are furnished, we would like to bring our own furniture as our intention is to buy after the 12months.
We would appriciate if any member could enlighten us of the est place to look.

Regards
Mary Hughes.
Old May 5th 2011, 6:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

newintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nice
Default Re: Moving to Eastern Algarve

Try here: http://casa.sapo.pt/Alugar-casas/ (you'll need to brush up on Portuguese or use Google translate :-)

Number 1 piece of advice - come out for a couple of weeks and ask around - there are an abundance of empty places in this area. We know of a few from living here, but I can't think of anywhere online where we would have found them.

We rent through East Algarve Property Rentals (they have a website) they do long term rentals. MOST of what they showed us was furnished but they did have a couple of unfurnished places.
Old May 6th 2011, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

Redflag will become famous soon enoughRedflag will become famous soon enough

Send me a PM I think i can help you as i know someone with a house for rent

If I was you I would rent here for 2 to 4 months and look about, put all the house hold stuff in storage, take your time don't rush it otherwise you will make the wrong choice and it will cost you more money in the long run plus you will not be happy bunnies in the wrong house!!

There are lots of rentals about but as was said in the above post you need to be here, the best time to come would be in sept when the season finishes
Old May 7th 2011, 10:00 am
Just Joined

Good Morning

Thank you for your reply.

We do visit Portugal every winter for approx; four months, and we have fallen in love with the place.

We are now looking for a two bedroom cottage or town house for twelve months, as we do not want to buy in haste.It must have some form of heating, with satelite tv.

Thank you for your help

regards,

Mary/Dave
Old May 9th 2011, 1:38 am
riv
BE Enthusiast

riv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond repute

Could be helpful to many if those already living locally could give some idea of prices for both rental and purchase of the properties not advertised on websites etc.. ?
Old May 9th 2011, 8:27 am
Just Joined

gstapleton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 7maryrhos
Hi all
My pardner and I are looking for unfurnished house or cottage on the eastern side, to rent for at least 12months. Most of the advertisement we have seen in the local papers,eg; Th Portugal News,and The 123, are furnished, we would like to bring our own furniture as our intention is to buy after the 12months.
We would appriciate if any member could enlighten us of the est place to look.

Regards
Mary Hughes.

Hi,
My property i told you about can be let furnished or unfurnished and would be the same rent all year round. I am not familiar with these sort of sites so do not know how to contact you but I can be contacted through the web site I gave you. The house is an ideal base from which to house hunt.
Gaynor
Old May 9th 2011, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

anna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud of

Great idea to rent first.
Old May 9th 2011, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

yep rent.....house prices will drop another 15% to 20% in the next 12 to 18 months in PT
Old May 9th 2011, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

anna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud of

I hope not!!
Old May 9th 2011, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

that's what people in the biz are saying, nothing is moving, no money etc

on the TV last week....PT will go into a deep recession for the next 2yrs due to the bail out......taxes to go up even more, services cut to the bone, its the only way they can pay it back, even then I think they will default and I hope they do.......ordinary PT people will suffer even more, but the politicians and banks will be fine.

and wait for the foreigner tax......its coming!!
Old May 9th 2011, 7:30 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by gstapleton
Hi,
My property i told you about can be let furnished or unfurnished and would be the same rent all year round. I am not familiar with these sort of sites so do not know how to contact you but I can be contacted through the web site I gave you. The house is an ideal base from which to house hunt.
Gaynor
You can contact me at [email protected]
mary.