Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Monsanto & Glyphosate & U

Monsanto & Glyphosate & U

Old Apr 20th 2018, 2:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Monsanto & Glyphosate & U

https://www.theguardian.com/artandde...niston-alabama
Old Apr 21st 2018, 9:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Loafing Along
Utterly despicable...but no surprise . ordinary people just get in the way of companies like Monsanto... Problem is their poison doesn't just stay in poor districts....Things will only change when someone really rich or important to the top 2% dies from contamination....
Old Apr 21st 2018, 9:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

With the large increase in vineyards and advocado farms in and around Lagos and the greater Algarve. Do we know what they are using to clear and maintain the area's? I hope to god its not Roundup. There has been a definite link made between it and beast cancer in women..(no doubt other cancers too ).
Old Apr 21st 2018, 11:10 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeniB
With the large increase in vineyards and advocado farms in and around Lagos and the greater Algarve. Do we know what they are using to clear and maintain the area's? I hope to god its not Roundup. There has been a definite link made between it and beast cancer in women..(no doubt other cancers too ).
It's not just Lagos.
Lagoa is also seeing a huge increase in land being turned back from scrubland old orange orchards into vineyards or other forms of agriculture..
We have large brassica and pumpkin field very close to us.
On one hand this is good news seeing agriculture returning to land that had not been used for decades.
On the other the uses of herbicides and increased use of fertilisers will be having a negative affect on the environment.
Given the choice how ever I would rather see the land bought back into use than covered in concrete for tourist developments or golf courses.
Old Apr 21st 2018, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
It's not just Lagos.
Lagoa is also seeing a huge increase in land being turned back from scrubland old orange orchards into vineyards or other forms of agriculture..
We have large brassica and pumpkin field very close to us.
On one hand this is good news seeing agriculture returning to land that had not been used for decades.
On the other the uses of herbicides and increased use of fertilisers will be having a negative affect on the environment.
Given the choice how ever I would rather see the land bought back into use than covered in concrete for tourist developments or golf courses.
The reason for this up swing, is the present Government has put a Agricultural Grant System & Tech System back up in place ,that is actually working , a contact off mine who is a Fruit Wholesaler has taken on a very long lease on the usable land off what is known locally as the "Quinta"
This land had been under used for many many years , firstly that had to clear it, with a huge bulldozer I might add, & then over 20.000 Apple & Pear Trees where planted with drip feed irrigation & this was all carried out in less than a year.
He freely admits he would have not taken on this project without the backing off The Min off Ag Techs team's & the availability off the grant's
Its about time PT work up & started doing something with the thousand's off hectares off "abandoned agricultural ground"
Old Apr 21st 2018, 12:00 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ingles
The reason for this up swing, is the present Government has put a Agricultural Grant System & Tech System back up in place ,that is actually working , a contact off mine who is a Fruit Wholesaler has taken on a very long lease on the usable land off what is known locally as the "Quinta"
This land had been under used for many many years , firstly that had to clear it, with a huge bulldozer I might add, & then over 20.000 Apple & Pear Trees where planted with drip feed irrigation & this was all carried out in less than a year.
He freely admits he would have not taken on this project without the backing off The Min off Ag Techs team's & the availability off the grant's
Its about time PT work up & started doing something with the thousand's off hectares off "abandoned agricultural ground"
Thanks for the information.
Very close to us a Danish investor has been renting land ,clearing trees and scrub, installing irrigation and starting to plant.
That explains why.
These local developments also have the advantage of being able to use " grey " water from a water treatment plant ..
So much better than the pine tree plantations of past years..
Old Apr 21st 2018, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

tonisdad is an unknown quantity at this point

That just makes me want to cry.. thinking of the unnecessary early deaths of three friends from breast cancer... I have always suspected it was because two of them lived in areas of heavy crop spraying.. the last lived in the far east for many yrs where chemical pollution was dense.

When will we wake up and realise that we are the collateral damage. Not only us but our kids and grandkids.

There's one advert on TV that makes my blood run cold. Its of a large group of women dressed in pink.. running to raise money to 'Fight cancer' (yep the good old UK way of tackling anything... fight it) The woman talking on the add is overweight and out of breath,saying sad things about her dad who had just died a horrible death. What is shocking... (apart from the numbers running) is the passive acceptance! . If she had said. He died of the plague! would we watch the add with such indifference?
GeniB
Agree wholeheartedly. I lost a 53 year old friend to bowel cancer and related symptoms. Healthy as they come who grew Chrysanthemums and veg for showing.
He was forever trying the latest pesticide herbicide and every other cide.The route cause of is death was linked to the use of these.
As for these people...with the very best concerns....running around in pink to raise money for this cancer research...how come we never hear of their research coming up with any results?
More like the money is paying for a lot of "suits" to make an easy living.
Old Apr 27th 2018, 11:57 am
EMR
Banned

EU has announced a ban on chemicals which harm the bee population.
Even Gove in the UK has agreed that steps to reduce use are necessary.
Old Apr 27th 2018, 1:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
EU has announced a ban on chemicals which harm the bee population.
Even Gove in the UK has agreed that steps to reduce use are necessary.
More Info
https://www.ecowatch.com/bees-neonic...254b2-86037425
Old May 2nd 2018, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

It now seems the blasted stuff is found in nearly everything !

https://www.ecowatch.com/glyphosate-...c2b31-86037425
Old May 5th 2018, 8:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The EU and Gove might have made those statements but a B****y big advert for Round Up appeared on my TV last night.. A UK one granted. Showing someone spraying a weed.. with the idea that that was all that would be killed no doubt.
Old May 18th 2018, 7:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ingles you might be interested to know that a new advert has appeared for something called RESOLVA made by a company called WESTLAND.....I couldn't find this company online.,buy when I typed in Monsanto I got a heading which said Bayer and Monsanto working together ( bayer has bought Monsanto I believe. ) at the bottom it said that Bayer was based in... Westland.... can't think thats a coincidence
Old May 18th 2018, 9:05 pm
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

I find the focus on a few specific agents like this quite heartening fir the agrochemical co’s. Most of the really powerful poisons get completely ignored. I suggest you look at how fly spray actually works, something like baygon.

Also take a look at high persistance methodologies, eg syntegras demand cs formulation.

Heres a clue - whats the difference between fly spray and the assasination of a north korean.
Old May 19th 2018, 7:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by uk_grenada
I find the focus on a few specific agents like this quite heartening fir the agrochemical co’s. Most of the really powerful poisons get completely ignored. I suggest you look at how fly spray actually works, something like baygon.

Also take a look at high persistance methodologies, eg syntegras demand cs formulation.

Heres a clue - whats the difference between fly spray and the assasination of a north korean.
Your not saying anything new here ..We know all this..starting with DDT which we were assured was perfectly harmless to mankind..The USA has lakes which are now bright red ( around the old Monsanto factories) The government does't give a damn.These are poor area's after all..The people don't matter . What we don't want is this sh*t coming to Europe.
Old May 19th 2018, 7:10 am
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

Your not saying anything new here ..We know all this..starting with DDT which we were assured was perfectly harmless to mankind..The USA has lakes which are now bright red ( around the old Monsanto factories) The government does't give a damn.These are poor area's after all..The people don't matter . What we don't want is this sh*t coming to Europe.
pardon - its made in europe. The uk and Belgium.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.