Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Missing 3 yr old, Praia da Luz

Missing 3 yr old, Praia da Luz

Old May 7th 2007, 9:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud of
Default Re: Missing 3 yr old, Praia da Luz

Here's a new slant, what can we do to help?
Hindsight is a wonderful thing but it does nothing to help.
Any ideas? What can we do?
Old May 7th 2007, 11:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Danny from Wellington,NZ here. News reports that some Expats are involved in the search-just wanted to wish whoever good luck,and hope she's alive and well.
Good luck-and yes-the parents are educated dickheads.Should never leave 2 and 3 year old kids alone.Ever.

But I hope there mistake isn't fatal.
Old May 7th 2007, 11:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mike
Here's a new slant, what can we do to help?
Hindsight is a wonderful thing but it does nothing to help.
Any ideas? What can we do?
If the Police believe that she is still in the area,in the village-shout her name. It'll firstly comfort her to know people are looking,and 2,might spook the bloke to leave her and run.
Old May 8th 2007, 12:12 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by danny.f
Danny from Wellington,NZ here. News reports that some Expats are involved in the search-just wanted to wish whoever good luck,and hope she's alive and well.
Good luck-and yes-the parents are educated dickheads.Should never leave 2 and 3 year old kids alone.Ever.

But I hope there mistake isn't fatal.
hoping this awful mess turns into a happy ending, god bless little one & stay safe , paryers for you & your family xxxx
Old May 8th 2007, 1:04 am
Forum Regular

frattonlad has a spectacular aura aboutfrattonlad has a spectacular aura aboutfrattonlad has a spectacular aura about

As parents to a 3 year old boy and a 15 month old boy, We can understand what these parents are going through. Okay they thought they were doing the right thing, and we wouldnt have left children alone, but unfortunately they did and it is their BIGGEST mistake in their life. Lets just all pray that this lovely little girl is soon reunited with her mummy and daddy and brothers, and that she doesnt really remember what has happened to her in years to come. It will be hard for all the family, but fingers crossed they will all be together soon. With regards what can anyone do, I take it they have done nothing but walk the streets shouting her name and checking everywhere. If she is local she will be found, if she has been taken further afield she will be found but it may take a bit longer. Apart from stopping every child and checking if they are the little girl, and roadblocks etc all that can be done I think is being done. I just hope that the police arnt as bad as what the news are making them out to be. I dont think this is the case, I think they will; be doing everything they can to help. Lets just keep everything crossed and pray that all works out in the end. God Bless to all the family and friends and a special God Bless and Love to the little girl.
Sam & Trev
Old May 8th 2007, 1:28 am
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

I hope this all has a good ending and they find her safe and sound

Dawn- Auckland NZ

I dont have kids but can only begin to imagine the torment the parents are going thru and regardless of what the parents have done in leaving their children alone, they are probably torturing themselves without others doing it for them
Old May 8th 2007, 2:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Wilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really nice

I'm holding my 3 year old as I type this and I can't even begin to imagine what Madeline's parents are going through (tho' what they were thinking when leaving the kids unattended is anyone's guess! )
This is something they will have to live with for the rest of their lives - lets hope it's a good outcome and Madeline is found soon, safe and well.
Positive thoughts from New Zealand to add to all the prayers and good wishes of others.
Old May 8th 2007, 2:35 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

My prayers are with the family also, although i think it was really silly to leave the kids alone something i would never do being a parent myself, lets hope she will be back with them soon i read in the paper she turns 4 next week please let her be found before then!!!!
Old May 8th 2007, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

j0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant future

Maybe a small photo of Maddie could be put up on every page of this website...there are so many of us that visit this website from all over the world...could start there!
Old May 8th 2007, 2:56 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by j0197
Maybe a small photo of Maddie could be put up on every page of this website...there are so many of us that visit this website from all over the world...could start there!
It's a great idea but not an easy one to implement I'm afraid, due to coding, templates etc. However, if someone can provide me with a good news item about it including pic I will include it in a sticky thread for the top of the Portugal page.

Sue
Old May 8th 2007, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

j0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Sue
It's a great idea but not an easy one to implement I'm afraid, due to coding, templates etc. However, if someone can provide me with a good news item about it including pic I will include it in a sticky thread for the top of the Portugal page.

Sue
I know it is difficult, I have put it on the front page of one of my Website for Portugal but is difficult on every single one.

This story is affecting me and all my friends who have kids the same age in an unbeleivable way.
Old May 8th 2007, 8:47 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by j0197
I know it is difficult, I have put it on the front page of one of my Website for Portugal but is difficult on every single one.

This story is affecting me and all my friends who have kids the same age in an unbeleivable way.
I know, it's one of those things that gripes your heart and won't let go.
Old May 8th 2007, 9:36 pm
Just Joined

MAUREEN & JOHN is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TaviraTrog
I hope so too then perhaps the atmosphere here will become less vitriolic.

HERE HERE !!!!!!
Old May 8th 2007, 10:30 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

Hub and I were just discussing,we live maybe 40 mins away from Luz,it would be soooooooooooooooo easy for someone to abduct and bring a child here,nobody would know,its a wild coast,all houses are spread out,you could easily get away with it,very scary thought.
My heart goes out to little maddy,its not looking good as time goes on
Old May 8th 2007, 10:39 pm
Still Learning

KarmaLiber has a brilliant futureKarmaLiber has a brilliant futureKarmaLiber has a brilliant futureKarmaLiber has a brilliant futureKarmaLiber has a brilliant futureKarmaLiber has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ezzkazz
you are no better with your opinions. We are all entitled to have our say so get off your soapbox.
I dont know who you are refering to but we all care care about the kid or else we wouldnt be posting. If you care read between the lines a lot of what is being said is out of anger that it was allowed to happen in the first place.
As for your comment about God well thats just pathetic
'Anger' is a good observation and probably the most fitting to everyone's comments. Personally I couldn't understand the people 'blaming' the parents for their tragic situation. i don't condone what they did - personally I have never left mine so young, but then again, sometimes my six year old wanders out for 10-15 mins - how can you forsee such an unexpected occurrance such as an abduction - it could so easily happen to all our children. the only guilty person, is the one who has committed the abduction - be angry with them. Okay so some don't beleive in a God, but their are thousands praying day and night for the safe return of little Maddie and for her parents. No - we don't know the pain any of them of experiencing, but you only have have to be half human to imagine it. I just don't comprehend the 'blamers', surely they have some sympathy for the plight of the parents? If not, then they are very nagry and hardened people in my view.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.