Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Missing 3 yr old, Praia da Luz

Missing 3 yr old, Praia da Luz

Old May 5th 2007, 3:11 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Missing 3 yr old, Praia da Luz

Originally Posted by TruBrit
yep, true we learn from our mistakes....however this is tant amount to negligence.

imo being a parent is thinking of all the what if's....what if the apartment/house had gone up in flames, what if one of the children had suddenly had a chocking attack? yep all this is part of the territory that goes with being a parent and forever worrying no matter what age your darling little cherubs grow up to be.

i really hope madeline's parents have learnt from their mistake.

not sure of the latest but hope the little one returns safely
Latest as far as I know
Portuguese police believe she has been abducted,they think they know who by and they think she is still in the area.
No further details yet
Old May 5th 2007, 3:19 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by clerigogirl
Latest as far as I know
Portuguese police believe she has been abducted,they think they know who by and they think she is still in the area.
No further details yet
tks..i keep checking the web for updates.

and to think this could so easily have been avoided...let's hope it will not have too much a devastating effect on madeline as she grows up
Old May 5th 2007, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

RubyRoo is an unknown quantity at this point

I just can't help feeling so sad for the parents. And what a beautiful little girl she is. Lets just all hope she is found safe and well, I don't think it matters anymore whether they should have left her or not, I am praying for a safe return.
Old May 5th 2007, 4:18 pm
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure they have. I'm sure they'll blame each other and themselves. I'm sure the Grandparents will blame either or both. I'm sure the Police, Mayor, Complex Manager and everyone is blaming them.

Not that any of that helps find Maddy does it. Always people will take the moral high ground. Always we look for blame. I've made mistakes as a parent and have probably taken risks that, on reflection, I shouldn't have. I'm sure everyone, if they were to be honest, has at some point.
Old May 5th 2007, 4:56 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by derbyflan
I'm sure they have. I'm sure they'll blame each other and themselves. I'm sure the Grandparents will blame either or both. I'm sure the Police, Mayor, Complex Manager and everyone is blaming them.

Not that any of that helps find Maddy does it. Always people will take the moral high ground. Always we look for blame. I've made mistakes as a parent and have probably taken risks that, on reflection, I shouldn't have. I'm sure everyone, if they were to be honest, has at some point.

I have, maybe not on holiday but certainly at home.......also most of my friends would have to say the same
Old May 5th 2007, 5:08 pm
Account Closed

yep but i've never neglected them or put their lives in danger.
Old May 5th 2007, 5:21 pm
---------

Nomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond repute

yep, true we learn from our mistakes....however this is tant amount to negligence.

imo being a parent is thinking of all the what if's....what if the apartment/house had gone up in flames, what if one of the children had suddenly had a chocking attack? yep all this is part of the territory that goes with being a parent and forever worrying no matter what age your darling little cherubs grow up to be.

not sure of the latest but hope the little one returns safely
Here's another one. Miss/Mrs or Mr perfect. Sitting at home like a preying mantis, dreaming of an opportunity like this to put the boot in on the parents.
Why dont you belt-up and express some sympathy for the poor folks and leave the recriminations until later.
Old May 5th 2007, 7:18 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Nomad_H
Here's another one. Miss/Mrs or Mr perfect. Sitting at home like a preying mantis, dreaming of an opportunity like this to put the boot in on the parents.
Why dont you belt-up and express some sympathy for the poor folks and leave the recriminations until later.

hello to you too and hope you feel better after that outburst.

no-one is perfect in this world, not even me but i do know where my priorities lie and what to treasure in life.

btw i have lots of sympathy which is reserved for madeline.
Old May 5th 2007, 7:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

trutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud of

Can we have an award for stating the bleeding obvious?

If only we all could get through life without making mistakes eh?
Like you said yourself: the obvious! Common sence also comes to mind!
Old May 5th 2007, 7:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

trutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud of

no-one is perfect in this world, not even me but i do know where my priorities lie and what to treasure in life.

Sad people can't express their views anymore,eh!?
Old May 5th 2007, 7:43 pm
---------

Nomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond repute

Ah! The word judgemental springs to mind, bugger the parents eh!!
Old May 5th 2007, 7:50 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Nomad_H
Ah! The word judgemental springs to mind, bugger the parents eh!!
your words not mine.
Old May 5th 2007, 7:58 pm
Just Joined

MAUREEN & JOHN is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BriscasBetterHalf
Full story HERE
My family have a villa in portugal and have been there with kids, what were they thinking of to leave babies alone!!!! even if they were 100 yards away. I wouldnt leave ours even a 100 inches. But still we pray she will be found safe and well and the sicko who took her brought to buck!!
Old May 5th 2007, 8:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by trutje
Sad people can't express their views anymore,eh!?
Sorry, didn't mean " sad people" but Sad, people........(blush)
Old May 5th 2007, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

ezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud of

What are some of you thinking? How the hell can you not blame the parents? Are you all mad? These people left not only a 3yr old but 2yr old twins
Some of you are basically saying that leaving them is an acceptable thing to do. Why on earth would anyone, whether it be on holiday or in their own home leave children as young as this unattended. I know lets all go out for half an hour down for something to eat shall we and leave the kids alone in the house.

Its very sad and my heart goes out to the little girl and I wish she returns safely and yes the parents will have to live with it but half of you are saying its acceptable to leave a child that young. If they didnt want to look after them on their holiday then they shouldnt have taken them.

I think I will go out down the pub for an hour and hopefully my 2yr old will sleep till i get back!! I feel ashamed just to even think to leave my child alone in a house.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.