Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Meo Wifi internet advice needed

Meo Wifi internet advice needed

Old Feb 3rd 2018, 12:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Meo Wifi internet advice needed

Not bad for a rural village in central Portugal with a population of just 22.

https://imgur.com/a/IweDO
Old Feb 3rd 2018, 1:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

RichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond repute

So what does it slow down to when everyone's using it?
Old Feb 3rd 2018, 2:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RichardHenshall
So what does it slow down to when everyone's using it?
Old Feb 3rd 2018, 5:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mike
I have the M40 package; mobile with old landline number, 2 mobiles, 3/4G modem and satellite TV.
Pricewise it is cheaper than when I had landline(phone and internet) and 2 mobiles.
Proximity and line of sight to the nearest mast are important, as is positioning of the modem.
I don't have direct line of sight but by mounting the modem at the highest point possible and adding a proper external antenna I get stable speeds of 20Mbps download and 5 Mbps upload with low latency. I must add that this is 3G. If I select 4G the results are awful.
Wireless comms are the way forward. PT may cable towns but rural fibre is unlikely. More masts are cheaper.
Also 5G is not that far off
Mike, thanks for that and other post. I’ve searched the MEO website for the M40 package but can only find it on fibre or ASDL. Are you getting this through 3/4 G ? Looks like you need to take the TV too, we don’t need that but 2 mobiles and 4G internet would suit at a reasonable price.
Old Feb 4th 2018, 9:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Mike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jonny22
Mike, thanks for that and other post. I’ve searched the MEO website for the M40 package but can only find it on fibre or ASDL. Are you getting this through 3/4 G ? Looks like you need to take the TV too, we don’t need that but 2 mobiles and 4G internet would suit at a reasonable price.
Õn the right hand side of the page it says view this packages in ADSL and Satellite. Click the latter. I wasn't keen on TV but cost wise, for me it worked free.
Old Feb 4th 2018, 10:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Jonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to all

Õn the right hand side of the page it says view this packages in ADSL and Satellite. Click the latter. I wasn't keen on TV but cost wise, for me it worked free.
Thanks. Quite a maze to get to where you want. Unfortunately having visited the MEO website my screen is now littered with MEO banners and pop up adverts!!
Old Feb 4th 2018, 12:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. Quite a maze to get to where you want. Unfortunately having visited the MEO website my screen is now littered with MEO banners and pop up adverts!!
Get an Ad Blocker !

https://adblockplus.org
Old Feb 4th 2018, 4:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Loafing Along
Get an Ad Blocker !

https://adblockplus.org
Tried others but made little difference. Does this one work? Is it a safe download?
Old Feb 4th 2018, 5:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mike apologies if I’m a pain but I’ve read the website and still unclear. Do you get the TV through satellite (dish) and the internet through 3/4 G (separate router) or both through the router?
Old Feb 5th 2018, 7:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Tried others but made little difference. Does this one work? Is it a safe download?
It is the one I have and works well
Old Feb 6th 2018, 3:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud of

Mike apologies if I’m a pain but I’ve read the website and still unclear. Do you get the TV through satellite (dish) and the internet through 3/4 G (separate router) or both through the router?
TV through satellite and internet via 3/4G modem/router.
Old Feb 6th 2018, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

TV through satellite and internet via 3/4G modem/router.
Thanks, I’ll take a look.
Old Feb 7th 2018, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

deecee is just really nicedeecee is just really nicedeecee is just really nicedeecee is just really nicedeecee is just really nicedeecee is just really nicedeecee is just really nicedeecee is just really nice

Have been using MEO fiber for about one year and use it mainly for UK TV programmes and internet. Just checked speedtest and am recording 22Mbds download and 37 Mbds upload. cost 32.99E per month. Occasional problems when house full of visitors with multible devices.