car tax and mot

Old Jul 22nd 2008, 7:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

anna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud of
Default car tax and mot

I thought I had this in my head, but do we have to tax and MOT on the date of registration, now? In my case it's a Saturday, do I do it before or after, anyone know, thanks?
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 7:56 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: car tax and mot

Originally Posted by anna58
I thought I had this in my head, but do we have to tax and MOT on the date of registration, now? In my case it's a Saturday, do I do it before or after, anyone know, thanks?
Tax is date of registration,Mot,normal ie when its due.
I would do it B4 to be on the safe side
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

anna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud of

Thanks, just had a moment of doubt!
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by anna58
Thanks, just had a moment of doubt!
senior moment.......i have lots of those
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 11:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Joao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud of

Don't go to the IPO in Tavira on a Friday or at the end of the month or you will be stuck on the EN125 waiting to get in. By the way they close from 1230 to 1400 for lunch.
Joao
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks, I don't know why but we are in the habit of going to Olhao, there must have been a reason years ago, possibly we got there in the lunch hour.
Old Jul 24th 2008, 11:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Joao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud of

I understand they are less strick there, but have not experienced it. I got on okay at Tavira
Joao
Old Jul 25th 2008, 2:40 pm

Have just read that as from August,the system changes and MOTs are due on the 1 st day of the month when the car is registered.
Old Jul 25th 2008, 2:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks, Cleri,
I'll have to go and see on the !st. That seems to be the reverse of what I thought they were trying to do, stop everyone going in the last few days of the month.
Old Jul 25th 2008, 2:51 pm

Ive just read it in the Portugal News.....maybe someone on here could confirm it
Old Jul 26th 2008, 3:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

CHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to all
Cool Re: car tax and mot

I am not due an MOT yet for a couple of years ( as well as the car, ) is it like the UK where you book it into an official inspection garage or is it something completly different?
Old Jul 26th 2008, 4:13 pm

Yes there are various places to go,all official inspection centres.
They all seem to have different rules,in Algarve we had to make an appointment,up here we went to make an appointment,and they told us it wasnt needed,we could just turn up.
Can be a bit of a long wait sometimes!
Ask around,you will find some are stricter than others,find out where the cushy ones are
Or better still,do we what we do,turn up near lunch time,they are so desperate to go to eat,they dont look properly
Old Jul 26th 2008, 6:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud of

I just rolled up for mine and waited in the queue.
Old Aug 7th 2008, 6:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

I have now found the correct info. from the centre. If your car was registered before August 20th you can go until the end of the month as usual. If it was registered after that you must go before the registration date, for example, if your car was first registered 9 Sept. you have to go before 9th. Sepember, can be a month before if you want, but 9th. September is your deadline. This way they avoid the end of month rush.
P.S. It passed!!!
Old Aug 7th 2008, 7:45 pm

Good news matey

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.