Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Made to measure curtains

Made to measure curtains

Old Apr 22nd 2017, 6:47 am
Just Joined

Merched is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Made to measure curtains

Any advice where we can have curtains made and new tracks fitted in the Algarve please?
Old Apr 22nd 2017, 7:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Made to measure curtains

Whereabouts are you Merched? and welcome to the forum. Don't think I have seen your name here before.

Most people buy the light ready made type you can buy in some of the stores like Leroy Merlin.etc. Or for a better product Zara Home. If you really want something like those in UK homes there are a few places that will do repairs etc. whether they will make curtains I don't know. There is one such place in the basement of the little 'Continente ' shopping mall in Portimao
I'm sure however that others on here can be of more help if they know where you live.Good luck
Old Apr 22nd 2017, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Jonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to all

You could check out what's available from Next UK online as they offer cheap or free delivery here. We found them very competitive vs quality. Only standard sizes though however if you're refitting tracks / poles that may not be an issue for you. Also free samples.
Old Apr 22nd 2017, 8:58 am
BE Enthusiast

ouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond repute

There's a place in Olhao, just on the left, before the cube roundabout. Speak English.
Old Apr 22nd 2017, 1:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by GeniB
Whereabouts are you Merched? and welcome to the forum. Don't think I have seen your name here before.

Most people buy the light ready made type you can buy in some of the stores like Leroy Merlin.etc. Or for a better product Zara Home. If you really want something like those in UK homes there are a few places that will do repairs etc. whether they will make curtains I don't know. There is one such place in the basement of the little 'Continente ' shopping mall in Portimao
I'm sure however that others on here can be of more help if they know where you live.Good luck
> Hi Geni
Thanks for replying so quickly I am in Silves so any suggestions much appreciated.
Have been on the site for a while but am normally more of a reader than questioner!! Have picked up loads of tips that way too.
Old Apr 22nd 2017, 2:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really nice

If you are putting in new curtain poles yourself then you can adjust the height to any standard one that suits ready made curtains. Best choice is John Lewis - don't forget blackout linings for bedrooms. They ship to PT for £7.50 and there are a billion handyman folks around that will put them up for you.

If you are determined to spend probably 10x what that would cost then Curtain Centre in Almancil will visit, make and hang for you + any interior design/furniture type shop has swatch of fabrics and a pet curtain maker.

Good ready made Curtains if you are already here in IKEA, Leroy Merlin, AKI and all the bigger Chinese Shops have a selection.

Best choice of fabrics would be John Lewis
Old Apr 25th 2017, 5:30 am
Just Joined

Thanks all I have a few options now which I am now comparing for cost and quality etc.