Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

That M word again!

That M word again!

Old Jul 7th 2015, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

nogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond repute
Default That M word again!

Hi, I have an Ifor Williams trailer; 16' long x 6'5' wide. I would like to matriculate this trailer, having used it to move over my kit in September.
As a trailer, logic tells me that all that is required mechanically; is to move the rear hazed warning light to the other side? Therefore; can one assume, and i know one never should, that the process is somewhat less demanding than matriculating a car?
Q' Does anyone know the required route to do so?
Q' Any idea of the cost; ball park?
Many thanks.
Old Jul 7th 2015, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

threelabs will become famous soon enoughthreelabs will become famous soon enough
Default Re: That M word again!

I think you will need a certificate of conformity from Ifor Williams that's what I was told a few years ago when I looked into it with a Brian James trailer, Good Luck!
Old Jul 7th 2015, 9:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

gedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to behold

If it's not a make of trailer that's sold in Portugal... Expect complications! Price I would guess min 300€ and max 700€
Old Jul 8th 2015, 5:23 am
Forum Regular

nogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gedscottish
If it's not a make of trailer that's sold in Portugal... Expect complications! Price I would guess min 300€ and max 700€
Thanks Threelads.
Thanks gedscottish. Do you know if Ifor Williams trailers are sold in Portugal?
Old Jul 8th 2015, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

gedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by nogard
Thanks Threelads.
Thanks gedscottish. Do you know if Ifor Williams trailers are sold in Portugal?
You're in luck!

Worldwide Distributors » Ifor Williams Trailers Ltd - Britain's Leading Trailer Manufacturer
Old Jul 8th 2015, 9:43 am
BE Enthusiast

peterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All

During my research into Matriculation as I had a box trailer I found out Ifor Williams have an agent in Portugal also Ifor Williams can provide Certificates of Conformity. Make sure you get your CoC in Portuguese as all you need to do is copy from your CoC onto the forms from the Customs office.

To Matriculate you will need to go to the Consulate and declare you are now a resident of Portugal. It's no good just to have a been to the Camara and taken out residency.

Now take the CoC and residency certificate and the Certificate from the Consulate with you to your local Customs office. Some customs offices are helpful some are not. You need various forms that I can't help with as I sold my trailer.

That's basically what's involved and there are fees.

Good luck

Peter
Old Jul 8th 2015, 9:20 pm
Smokn Joy

Munsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe with cardboard and duct tape I can make the Sante Fe look like an Ifor Williams and pay only a wee bit for the 'M" process? Remember what Churchill did during the war? Yeah sumpin' like he did...is it wrong to say good night to your car in a Walton's kinda way?
Old Jul 9th 2015, 5:40 am
Forum Regular

Many thanks; to one and all, for the above info.