Reload this Page >

long term rental propertys

long term rental propertys

Old Feb 21st 2007, 7:49 am
Just Joined

tomslady is an unknown quantity at this point
Default long term rental propertys

Hi
can anyone help? my partner and i are hoping to move to the algave all information we have recieved has beeen extremly positive for us unfortunately we are looking for long term rental and there seems to be lack of information about this on the web as most propertys are holiday lets.
If anyone could be of any help it would be appreciated.
elaine x
Old Feb 21st 2007, 8:28 am
Just Joined

joe-tina is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: long term rental propertys

HI

looks like we're having the same problem!!! I can't find any agents either, the Algarve 123 newspaper is a good source of info but no agents. The Portugal News is another.
The only advice I've had from the locals out there is to send an email to all the holiday agents in your area of choice and let them know that you're looking for long term rental, if they have any clients on their books willing to consider this option they will let you know. It's seems to be a long drawn out process. Having spoken with a few expats out there they have managed to find property by spending (in some cases) over a month on holiday looking around. I don't know about you but we don't have that option and it's very frustrating. Anyway, I hope this has been useful.
Old Feb 21st 2007, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

omostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant future

not sure of any in the Algarve but anyone having the same problem in the central region, some long term lets here
http://www.gekkohomes.com/property%2...20portugal.htm
Old Feb 21st 2007, 10:20 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by joe-tina
HI

looks like we're having the same problem!!! I can't find any agents either, the Algarve 123 newspaper is a good source of info but no agents. The Portugal News is another.
The only advice I've had from the locals out there is to send an email to all the holiday agents in your area of choice and let them know that you're looking for long term rental, if they have any clients on their books willing to consider this option they will let you know. It's seems to be a long drawn out process. Having spoken with a few expats out there they have managed to find property by spending (in some cases) over a month on holiday looking around. I don't know about you but we don't have that option and it's very frustrating. Anyway, I hope this has been useful.
hi, thanks for your reply no how you feel, its very frustrating we were looking to go to portugal for the maximum of a week or two to look, if i here of anything i will let u no
Old Feb 21st 2007, 10:51 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by omostra06
not sure of any in the Algarve but anyone having the same problem in the central region, some long term lets here
http://www.gekkohomes.com/property%2...20portugal.htm
Thanks will have a look, any other info will be extremley gratful
Old Feb 26th 2007, 9:21 pm
Just Joined

katieabi is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: long term rental propertys

hi ya
which end of the algarve are you looking to rent, i might be able to help you>
katie
Old Feb 27th 2007, 5:57 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by katieabi
hi ya
which end of the algarve are you looking to rent, i might be able to help you>
katie
Hi katie,
we a currently looking anywhere in the algarve area. still at the moment not having much luck finding long term rentals
Old Feb 27th 2007, 7:28 am
Just Joined

Hi Katie,

We are looking at the central Algarve region if possible but away from the tourist areas, hopefully somewhere in the country but will settle for almost anywhere to get our feet on the ground, are you able to help us too?
Old Feb 27th 2007, 7:36 am
BE Enthusiast

omostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant future

it does seem like there is a problem getting long term lets in the Algarve, You probably thought of this allready but if you contact short term holliday let owners direct they may let long term if they have no bookings and for a reduced rate.might help
Old Feb 27th 2007, 7:40 am
Just Joined

Thanks Omostra,

Yes, we had thought of that and may well have to do it. You wouldn't think it would be so difficult would you thanks for your input anyway!!
Old Feb 27th 2007, 7:49 am
BE Enthusiast

well if you get really stuck we have a list of properties available to rent long term in our area, (which we think is the best place in Portugal) starting at 180 € per month for a 1bed country cottage with use of swimming pool.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 11:50 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by omostra06
well if you get really stuck we have a list of properties available to rent long term in our area, (which we think is the best place in Portugal) starting at 180 € per month for a 1bed country cottage with use of swimming pool.
info you gave a great use, please could you advise on the area you are in and what propertys are available for long term rent. We would like a minimum of two bedrooms as there is an eleven year old child involed and schooling would be necessary. Any info you can give would be gratefully recieved. thanx
Old Feb 27th 2007, 11:56 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tomslady
info you gave a great use, please could you advise on the area you are in and what propertys are available for long term rent. We would like a minimum of two bedrooms as there is an eleven year old child involed and schooling would be necessary. Any info you can give would be gratefully recieved. thanx
Click on the link to his website in his signature.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 1:13 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jdr
Click on the link to his website in his signature.
Hi jdr, your point is????????????
Old Feb 27th 2007, 1:17 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tomslady
Hi jdr, your point is????????????
I thought you was enquiring about what properties are available for long term rent ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.