Reload this Page >

Long Term Let near Lagos

Long Term Let near Lagos

Old Jul 20th 2017, 10:50 am
Just Joined

fraser24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Long Term Let near Lagos

Hello,

Moving to work in Lagos and realising how difficult it is to find long term accommodation!

Doesnt need to be anything fancy and just needs to be a 1 bedroom.

Ideally in lagos or on the Praia da Luz side of Lagos anywhere within 20 ish KM

Any help or info would be great.

Thanks

Fraser
Old Jul 24th 2017, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

k2397 has a reputation beyond reputek2397 has a reputation beyond reputek2397 has a reputation beyond reputek2397 has a reputation beyond reputek2397 has a reputation beyond reputek2397 has a reputation beyond reputek2397 has a reputation beyond reputek2397 has a reputation beyond reputek2397 has a reputation beyond reputek2397 has a reputation beyond reputek2397 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Long Term Let near Lagos

It's not easy. When do you need to move to Lagos? I would strongly suggest you start by getting a winter let from say September to April - these are readily available and inexpensive. Then when you are here you will make contacts, get local papers, see adverts and so on. I'd be surprised if you did not find somewhere by the time your winter let finished.

We were here last winter and managed to find an excellent long term rental apartment for some friends of ours, through an advert in a local paper. We had to move super quick to get it though.

Most of the rental agencies will not be able to help you - they all do holiday lets, a few do winter lets but in general they do not touch long term.
Old Jul 24th 2017, 8:16 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for getting back to me,

I will be moving out at the start of September. I am goin over for 4 days in August to sort out some financial stuff for work and hopefully have a look at a few places if they are not already taken by then.

That is the plan but I cant find all that many winter lets either. Any good websites you would suggest?

Thanks,

Fraser
Old Jul 24th 2017, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

k2397 has a reputation beyond reputek2397 has a reputation beyond reputek2397 has a reputation beyond reputek2397 has a reputation beyond reputek2397 has a reputation beyond reputek2397 has a reputation beyond reputek2397 has a reputation beyond reputek2397 has a reputation beyond reputek2397 has a reputation beyond reputek2397 has a reputation beyond reputek2397 has a reputation beyond repute

For example (and others are available) you could try Accommodation, Algarve, Lagos, Portugal, Holiday, Rentals, Properties, Western, Winter Let.

Here are a couple of properties in Lagos they advertise as being available for winter let:

2 Bedroom apartment near the local Marina [9532/AL]
Beautifull 1 Bedroom apartment with fantastic views [7281/AL]

There are others.

Alternatively scope out some properties on Owners Direct (for example), check if they have any winter bookings. If not, ask if they would be interested in doing a winter let. That's what we did, and we found most owners were very receptive to the idea.

Long term (including summer) is a different thing altogether.

Good luck!
Old Jul 24th 2017, 8:59 pm
Just Joined

Thats great,

Thanks for your help!