Leiria district

Old Aug 11th 2017, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

toots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond repute
Default Leiria district

I recently asked if anyone knew of any decent estate agents in the area and got zilch replies .Says a lot about estate agents
Based on that we will probably just look for vende-se signs when we are out and about and trawl the internet.

So,my next question is are there any decent solicitors in that area(betweenAlcobaca/Calda ds Rainha) for conveyancing?
Also what sort of costs would we expect to pay on a purchase?
Have read about 10% of purchase price. Would that be correct?
(Sounds a lot EG £10000 on a £100000 purchase)
Thanks In advance !
Old Aug 11th 2017, 1:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leiria district

You might be confusing legal fees with taxes....... The cost of a lawyer to handle a house purchase should be in the mid hundreds or so but the legal fees can be fairly high depending on the property you purchase.

I can recommend a good English speaking lawyer in the Figueiro Dos Vinhos area if that's any good to you but you'll need to PM me if you want his contact details
Old Aug 12th 2017, 7:43 am
BE Enthusiast

barlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond repute

Estate Agents in Portugal ask for huge sales commissions, do not reply to emails, and need you to do most of their work for them!

We've just sold and hope to buy again soon North of Lisbon. I emailed 12 estate agents about both rentals & new properties in a region from Vila Frango da Xira to Ericeira. 1 reply! We are now going door to door personally intimidating each estate agent personally. There is a real need for the treatment of clients to be improved throughout the estate agent industry here in Portugal.

On purchase, there will be IMT & stamp tax to pay on the value, notary & lawyers fees.

See this link which is quite comprehensive:

Taxes in Portugal

I think on the values you are talking about 4 to 5% would be a reasonable budget BUT may be less.

Do not let the lawyer hit you hard! Negotiate!
Old Aug 12th 2017, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

coffeeman is just really nicecoffeeman is just really nicecoffeeman is just really nicecoffeeman is just really nicecoffeeman is just really nicecoffeeman is just really nicecoffeeman is just really nicecoffeeman is just really nice

Originally Posted by toots sweet
I recently asked if anyone knew of any decent estate agents in the area and got zilch replies .Says a lot about estate agents
Based on that we will probably just look for vende-se signs when we are out and about and trawl the internet.

So,my next question is are there any decent solicitors in that area(betweenAlcobaca/Calda ds Rainha) for conveyancing?
Also what sort of costs would we expect to pay on a purchase?
Have read about 10% of purchase price. Would that be correct?
(Sounds a lot EG £10000 on a £100000 purchase)
Thanks In advance !
Pm,d you