Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Learning portugese

Learning portugese

Old Feb 17th 2007, 6:18 pm
---------

Nomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Learning portugese

Originally Posted by dollydimple62
LOL, yes a pregnant choccy easter egg

yes I love horses, I own 13 of them...such majastic creatures...

I am a horse junky extraudinair!

Dolly
Dolly, we've got to stop meeting like this!! you know how rumours start??
I,ve been out on callouts (computers) all day and I've hammered a few Bell's & soda's.
But it is nice to communicate with a kindred spirit.
I have 2 siamese cats and they came back to the UK with me and I dote over them. A great animal lover!!
I dont want to be personal Dolly but how many dimples do you have and where are they? Panorama are also interested in doing a profile of you!!

Ha!!
Old Feb 17th 2007, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

dollydimple62 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Nomad_H
I dont want to be personal Dolly but how many dimples do you have and where are they? Panorama are also interested in doing a profile of you!!

Ha!!
Mmm dimples eh... a few I suppose..LOL but hidden of course!.
but I am in no way like the "dollydimple" portrayed in the usa....LOL
Panorama eh? cool....

so you have cats eh... nice, I have two, too. and 3 dogs, a lab, cocker and cavalier, the lab is my hubbys dog...

so your not in portugal then?

Dolly
Old Feb 18th 2007, 4:00 pm
Escaped to the Sun

Mattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really nice

Hi Dolly
are all the animal moving out with you? If so WOW!
Are you buying a farm you may even get an EU grant LOL
Good Luck
Matts
Old Feb 18th 2007, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Mat
Hopefully most of them will come with me... depends on how many stables can go up and how fast, there is one stable block so we shall see.... I have them all with a freind at the mo and they are settled... so fingers crossed for more land, yes we have found a farm and all is going well...

I coudlnt live with out my horses...

Dolly
Old Feb 25th 2007, 1:20 pm
Just Joined

jacky sisson is an unknown quantity at this point

My Husband and I are also learning, we started off with the PDQ 4 cd course, and have also borrowed a BBc course form the library, we are having a house built in Nothern Portugal and hope to move the end of the year
Old Feb 25th 2007, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jacky sisson
My Husband and I are also learning, we started off with the PDQ 4 cd course, and have also borrowed a BBc course form the library, we are having a house built in Nothern Portugal and hope to move the end of the year
well done to you both... and good luck with your build/move... i,m off to lisbon on synday next to check out the property we are buying.. and its a good excuse to pop over !!!!

Dolly
Old Mar 30th 2007, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

camogirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dollydimple62
My hubby and I are planning to move to portugal soon, we have bought the link word portugese language course and think its one of the best ones to use... So just thought Ide share this info... we can speak sentances already... and as we already speak a couple of languages we thought that speaking the language will help us get around portugal a lot easier...

Any one else learning?

Dolly
We have the LinkWord course too and find it good. The only drawback I find is when you have to type the sentence in PT from English it should have the option where you can hear the sentence like it does with the words.
Old Mar 30th 2007, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

camogirl is an unknown quantity at this point

The locals won't laugh at you. The important thing to remember is that they can see that you are trying and more than likely they will help you.
Well that is what I find anyway.
Old Mar 30th 2007, 1:59 pm
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

The BBC Book and CDs are good.

Well, I think so anyway
Old Mar 31st 2007, 11:28 am
Gina11

Gina11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
My husband and I are taking an evening course in Portuguese. There are 11 people in our class and 8 of us have properties in Portugal. The biggest bonus has been the confidence taking lessons has given us when attempting to speak over there. The Portuguese people have been very generous and patient with our attempts even though their English is so good. Our next challenge we have set ouselves is to go into the local mini supermarket where the lady doesn't speak any English is and try to strike up a conversation with her! The important thing though is to have a go, its not an easy language but we have found that it has been an ice breaker with the Portuguese people and has endeared us to them, well so far!!!!!!!
Old Mar 31st 2007, 8:23 pm
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Gina,

You wouldn't be taking that class in Wendover would you? I'm in Bucks and looked everywhere for a course and a mate of mine and his wife are doing one in the John Collet School.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 7:58 am
BE Enthusiast

omostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant future

it may have already been mentioned but
there are free portuguese lessons available at most towns in Portugal, run by the eu, language for forigners, ask at the local library or schools.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 8:18 am
Gina11

Gina11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by derbyflan
Hiya Gina,

You wouldn't be taking that class in Wendover would you? I'm in Bucks and looked everywhere for a course and a mate of mine and his wife are doing one in the John Collet School.
Hi there
yes it is the same class, who is your mate?
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 2:03 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by omostra06
it may have already been mentioned but
there are free portuguese lessons available at most towns in Portugal, run by the eu, language for forigners, ask at the local library or schools.
Oh wow. I didn't know that. Will definitely come in handy for someone I know who is moving there
Muito obrigado.
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 6:12 am
ex-squaddie

Originally Posted by Gina11
Hi there
yes it is the same class, who is your mate?
I've pm'd you Gina