Is it just me?

Old Aug 8th 2017, 9:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to all
Default Is it just me?

Where's the 3/4 G internet gone? Between late morning and evening there's zilch, nada, nothing. Best signal is Movistar from Spain. Anything to do with unrestricted data roaming in Europe and 2 million visitors to the Algarve in August or is that just a coincidence.
Old Aug 9th 2017, 7:34 am
BE Enthusiast

barlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is it just me?

No Coincidence!

I've been down in Lagos over the past two days and the signal was pessimo.

A real pain as I had work to do!

Basically the 3/4G systems are overloaded.

Not worth the companies investing in new fibreoptic cables, servers, masts etc for a couple of weeks each year!
Old Aug 10th 2017, 6:21 am
Forum Regular

Lentisc is an unknown quantity at this point

Not only the telephone usage that suffers, my supposedly up to 2Gig internet is struggling around the 100k and after midight, it can drop off 30 or 40 times an hour. MEO seem unable to do anything about it. Roll on the Winter.
Old Aug 10th 2017, 12:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

BillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond repute

My son has very poor internet download speed using the NOS mobile mast system near Quelfes now that the tourist season is at its peak. Watching IPTV is impossible. However, my MEO copper wires are still delivering good speed.
Old Aug 11th 2017, 2:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BillBullock
my MEO copper wires are still delivering good speed.

Here as well.
Old Aug 11th 2017, 4:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to all

BB / LA. I'd discounted copper wires as I'd presumed I was too far away from a distribution station being up in the hills etc. Do you know how far away you are? How would you know? Do they paint them yellow or something to give you a clue? I know the proper answer is to ask MEO but they'll only tell me what I want to hear. Friend in Moncarapacho was told by them that they'd get 5gb minimum. Turned out it was less than 1gb so useless. Tried to cancel and guess what. You've signed up for 24 months so tough titty.. The router now has a home in a drawer for 22 more months.
Old Aug 11th 2017, 5:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

BillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond repute

I am not up in the hills and not far away from Olhão or Moncarapacho. However, I am a few km from the EN125 and fibre optic cable. The copper wires are quite old but I get a steady 7 Mbps download speed and seldom does the internet drop out completely nowadays. MEO visited to test the connection and prove the speed before I signed up.
Old Aug 11th 2017, 7:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

I have 4km of wire between me and the server.
Old Aug 11th 2017, 7:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks, could work for me, 6 km from the 125. Only issue is I don't have a phone line. Nearest pole is about 150 m away. Don't really want to pay to get that extended and find that it's a no goer. I dream of fibre.....where are you Virgin?
Old Aug 11th 2017, 7:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by liveaboard
I have 4km of wire between me and the server.
How do you know where your server is? Is it obvious?
Old Aug 11th 2017, 8:06 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

We can almost set our watches during the tourist season when they wake up switch on their devices ready for another day.
In Carvoeiro meo have installed fibre in some parts but not in others.
Yet we still get the calls asking us to switch to them.
Given the thousands of posts across the various forums I have decided that if what I have is enough for most of my needs why change for a promised improvement that will probably not materialise.
Old Aug 11th 2017, 10:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jonny22
How do you know where your server is? Is it obvious?
Yes, I know where it is; in a room down in the village next to the GNR. I just seem to accumulate that sort of weird data. I saw the door open once when someone was working in there. Sort of a big contrast; a room full of routers and servers in a historic Portuguese village.

I know the length of the line because one of the tech guys told me.