Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

ITV Tonight programme - yesterday

ITV Tonight programme - yesterday

Old Apr 28th 2017, 9:42 am
BE Enthusiast

carvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond repute
Default ITV Tonight programme - yesterday

This programme was all about the toughts and worries of Brits living abroad - mainly Spain and France following the Brexit vote

please dont ruin this thread with your pointless 'wait and see' garbage

its like suggesting you wear a blind fold step out into the traffic and wait and see if you get lucky

Real people have real concerns - NOW

The program looked at the main concerns of people -healthcare right to stay etc

But the most worrying item was the Spanish are NOW - not wait and see -
refusing Brits 5 year extensions to residential permits

The French had also proposed the same - but have backed down at this moment

Last edited by carvoeiro; Apr 28th 2017 at 9:47 am.
Old Apr 28th 2017, 9:56 am
BE Enthusiast

carvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ITV Tonight programme - yesterday

this is a really interesting read from pre -bre@it

EU Law Analysis: What would happen to EU nationals living or planning to visit or live in the UK after a UK exit from the EU?

with the last option and all of the problems associated with it now being the most likely option - ceertainly seems to be what the Tories want - with likely reciprocation from the EU
Old Apr 28th 2017, 11:02 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carvoeiro
This programme was all about the toughts and worries of Brits living abroad - mainly Spain and France following the Brexit vote

please dont ruin this thread with your pointless 'wait and see' garbage

its like suggesting you wear a blind fold step out into the traffic and wait and see if you get lucky

Real people have real concerns - NOW

The program looked at the main concerns of people -healthcare right to stay etc

But the most worrying item was the Spanish are NOW - not wait and see -
refusing Brits 5 year extensions to residential permits

The French had also proposed the same - but have backed down at this moment

It was just alarmist early evening TV fodder.
Enough said.
Old Apr 28th 2017, 12:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by EMR
It was just alarmist early evening TV fodder.
Enough said.
i'm not a huge fan of the ridiculously biased reporting and programme making at this moment in the UK - i suspect future generations will look back at it with shame

Recently the BBC totally ignored the estimated 150000 people who marched on Parliament in an anti- Bre@it march - didn't even mention it in the same news programme that spent almost two minutes discussing a lolipop lady with long service in Croydon

But i do think last nights programme had a couple of interesting points to make - worth a look and to make your own mind up - and it does seem that Spain is becoming more agressive towards Brits from the programme and other items i bump into on the net
Old Apr 28th 2017, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

Knoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BBC news

Recently the BBC totally ignored the estimated 150000 people who marched on Parliament in an anti- Bre@it march - didn't even mention it in the same news programme that spent almost two minutes discussing a lolipop lady with long service in Croydon
Inside the UK we're told that the BBC is a world class news broadcaster, only when you step outside and compare it do you see it's refusal to cover almost any news. Brits are only aware of a place called Franco due to their election. I get that not all world news is needed to be know, but surely a quick round up of Europe would be good. Apart from The EU, Europe doesn't exist.
Old Apr 28th 2017, 4:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Knoxy_UK
Inside the UK we're told that the BBC is a world class news broadcaster, only when you step outside and compare it do you see it's refusal to cover almost any news. Brits are only aware of a place called Franco due to their election. I get that not all world news is needed to be know, but surely a quick round up of Europe would be good. Apart from The EU, Europe doesn't exist.
the lunchtime news in Portugal always has a good world news coverage
it surprises me that i often find out whats going on in the UK by watching that before i hear about it in the UK - including sports

we no longer bother to even watch the BBC news - ATV- ITV is marginally better

this is the current bbc uk news headline - live
Breast surgeon Ian Paterson needlessly harmed patients - i'm sure if you are one of the unlucky patients its important to you
Hardly a mention of Tories - Labour- Liberals- SNP - Scotland - Bre@it- Terrorists - Immigration - the ELECTION - or the world - Trump - North korea - France
still as we BBC newswriters say - GET YOUR T@TS OUT FOR THE BOYS - GET YOUR T@TS OUT FOR THE BOYS

Last edited by carvoeiro; Apr 28th 2017 at 4:42 pm.
Old Apr 29th 2017, 7:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

i'm not a huge fan of the ridiculously biased reporting and programme making at this moment in the UK - i suspect future generations will look back at it with shame

But i do think last nights programme had a couple of interesting points to make - worth a look and to make your own mind up - and it does seem that Spain is becoming more agressive towards Brits from the programme and other items i bump into on the net
It is and( it was) re the programme.. Alarmist!!. I have four friends living/working in various parts of Spain and they don't report anything like this sort of stuff.
Spain needs it's British ex-pats. They bring in the cash and support area's of the country Spain cannot support on it's own. i.e. the coastal regions.

I am getting so tired of the UK speculating, gossip mongering, but especially 'talking for other people/countries'. I would have had more respect for the programme if they had bothered to include someone FROM Spain to address the concerns of ex-pats over there.
It is quite simple at the end of the day. If the UK penalises ex-pat members of the EU living in the UK. Then the same will happen to Brits living within the EU.

So I suggest they stop political point scoring and get on with the B****y job they continually insist that 'The people' want. Pronto, before they create any more damage to their citizens lives abroad.
Old Apr 29th 2017, 7:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Your absolutely right. Knoxy .It's getting frighteningly like the USA. Isolationist/xenophobic policies dictating the news stories. No one listens to the world news anymore .Noone reads a decent newspaper .In fact of it's not on FB or twitter noone under 50 yrs will know anything about anything.
Old Apr 29th 2017, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute

The BBC is nothing short of the state propaganda machine & has been for many years now....... it's not worth watching but the same could be said of most others as well...... All you can do is watch a variety of sources & try to sift the little wheat there is from the overwhelming chaff.
Old Apr 29th 2017, 8:17 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mfesharne
The BBC is nothing short of the state propaganda machine & has been for many years now....... it's not worth watching but the same could be said of most others as well...... All you can do is watch a variety of sources & try to sift the little wheat there is from the overwhelming chaff.
State propaganda, w ell you would know far more about that than any of us.
Given the BBC is criticised by every party in power for being biased towards the opposition and by the opposition for being biased towards the government your assertions is nothing but 200% steaming elephant doo do.
Currently the BBC is accused of being pro remain by a media and government that is obviously pro brexit,

I think that it is your bias that is revealed.
Old Apr 29th 2017, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

Knoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
State propaganda, w ell you would know far more about that than any of us.
Given the BBC is criticised by every party in power for being biased towards the opposition and by the opposition for being biased towards the government your assertions is nothing but 200% steaming elephant doo do.
Currently the BBC is accused of being pro remain by a media and government that is obviously pro brexit,

I think that it is your bias that is revealed.
Maybe due to all the pressure not to lean blue, or lean red, or lean in, or lean out has made the BBC scared of stretching itself. �

Or it is simply catering for the market, and the British viewer doesn't want to know about anything more than 15 mins of headlines... maybe cuz if the viewer did know they may be propelled into doing or caring about something.

I'd rather the news informed me of facts and the reasons behind, rather than repeat itself. � I wish the news would say, 'if you can't be bothered to wait more than 15 mins for the headlines, then go elsewhere, we're doing the news'
Old Apr 29th 2017, 8:43 am
EMR
Banned

Maybe due to all the pressure not to lean blue, or lean red, or lean in, or lean out has made the BBC scared of stretching itself. �

Or it is simply catering for the market, and the British viewer doesn't want to know about anything more than 15 mins of headlines... maybe cuz if the viewer did know they may be propelled into doing or caring about something.

I'd rather the news informed me of facts and the reasons behind, rather than repeat itself. � I wish the news would say, 'if you can't be bothered to wait more than 15 mins for the headlines, then go elsewhere, we're doing the news'
Do you watch News night, or the Daily politics progs.
You will see a different and more adult slant on current affairs.
I fear that Sky News ( for idiots ) is probably the most watched news channel in the UK.
I also fear that a large minority or worse of the under 20s can even be bothered to sit down for more than a few minutes to watch or listen to any serious news channel.
Old Apr 29th 2017, 11:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Naaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond repute

The problem is Political Correctness.
The BBC has become a PC organisation. It is unacceptable to say anything that might offend someone. While that's all well and good, the problem is that the thing many people find most offensive is the truth!
In a democracy people have a right to the truth. If they are offended by it then that is their problem.
Old Apr 29th 2017, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Naaling
The BBC has become a PC organisation. It is unacceptable to say anything that might offend someone. While that's all well and good, the problem is that the thing many people find most offensive is the truth!
In a democracy people have a right to the truth. If they are offended by it then that is their problem.
Old Apr 29th 2017, 11:26 am
EMR
Banned

Originally Posted by Naaling

So how come up offends all the politicians, disgusted from Tunbridge Wells etc.

This morning there was a regular feature on BBC with emails from viewers complaining hat the BBC was being too hard on politicians..

The BBC will never satisfy everyone but it is galaxies ahead of the quality of the UK tabloids, where the truth and facts are less important than bias and rhetoric.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.