Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Internet: MEO or Optimus WOW

Internet: MEO or Optimus WOW

Old May 25th 2013, 2:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

steppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Internet: MEO or Optimus WOW

If you don´t mind how much was the mobile package?
Old May 25th 2013, 3:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

gedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by steppitoe
Just asked wife(she was dealing with it) 31.98€ that's for phone and Internet
Old May 25th 2013, 4:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

gedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by DublinLassie
That WOW looks like great value, especially if you add in the free national and international calls. Tried my postal code, and it is not available here in Estoi. Oh well, stuck with Sapo for another while.
I think it's new on the market so you may find they have more areas covered soon
Old May 26th 2013, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

Etchy Boy is an unknown quantity at this point

For internet, tv, landline I was paying €55 per month (145 channels).

I joined M4O which is €80 per month (80 channels) so I bought the extra channels so €88 per month.

I transferred 2 vodafone numbers over to MEO at a discount of €5 each for 1st yr, so €78 per month is what I'll be paying.
Old May 26th 2013, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

steppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of light

Sounds good and you have 4000 minutes AND 4000 text per month between the two phones?
Old May 26th 2013, 11:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sounds good and you have 4000 minutes AND 4000 text per month between the two phones?
Seems I got mixed up there, thought you were asking about wow Internet.

That deal with mobiles for us would have been great had we not already had mobiles via business which we pay a lot more for.
Old May 27th 2013, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

Etchy Boy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats right
Old Jul 10th 2013, 9:21 pm
Just Joined

Selima is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everybody!

Moved to Vila do Conde just under a month ago. My landlord has put a Zon satellite in, but did not give me the package I asked for. All I have is Portuguese, and a couple of American talent shows.

I need international news in English - CNN, BBC world etc. and other English docs and entertainment.

I can't understand the ZON website because the packages don't seem to tell me which foreign channels come with the packages. I dont speak Portuguese so cannot ring up to ask.

Can anybody tell me which package to go for? If I had to, I would take the most expensive one even if I did have masses of sport.

Thanks!

Selima
Old Jul 10th 2013, 9:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute

If you view the site through Google Chrome it'll auto translate it for you.
Old Jul 10th 2013, 9:35 pm
Just Joined

Selima is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh thank you, mfesharne!

That was so quick .. I feel so good there are people who are so supportive!

I will be back for more!

Selima
Old Jul 11th 2013, 6:44 am
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute

If it's of any help, we have a MEO deal where we pay about E45 per month for cable TV, phone with free evening national calls & unlimited broadband via the phone line that currently gives us 8 Mbps and they've just offered us the same deal for the same price but with a fibre optic connection that gives (IIRC) 30 Mbps so we've accepted that.

The TV isn't the largest package but it'll do for now and I'll wait & see what what happens with the forthcoming changes to the sat TV system and then I'll upgrade that to the top package if we lose the sat TV completely.

On the subject of cellphones, I've had a Vodaphone cell for the last 2 years or so that charges me about 30c per minute and my neighbour told me about lycamobile.pt (might be .com) and I now have one of those.......... call charges on the new one is between 5c & 8c per minute and those prices also apply to calls to the UK and a few other countries.

Last edited by mfesharne; Jul 11th 2013 at 6:48 am.
Old Jul 11th 2013, 4:48 pm
Just Joined

RoystonB is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Not wishing to highjack the thread, but anyone heard of ‘Cabovisao’

I am in a village just outside of Alcobaca, central Portugal, and have been using SAPO for phone and Internet. It is a poor service, speed wise, not even 1Mb.

However, had a visit from the above and are offering 30meg(Haha) fibra, TV, 70 Channel, and phone, for 34.39€. But, if I could get anything near 8 or 10, heaven.

Not sure if Fibra to the house or just the village.

Any Info much appreciated.
Old Jul 11th 2013, 4:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

I hadn't heard of them but a quick Google shows their site is offering a similar product to the MEO one so maybe it's a case of different companies operating in competition or or in different areas.
Old Jul 11th 2013, 9:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Selima
Hello everybody!

Moved to Vila do Conde just under a month ago. My landlord has put a Zon satellite in, but did not give me the package I asked for. All I have is Portuguese, and a couple of American talent shows.

I need international news in English - CNN, BBC world etc. and other English docs and entertainment.

I can't understand the ZON website because the packages don't seem to tell me which foreign channels come with the packages. I dont speak Portuguese so cannot ring up to ask.

Can anybody tell me which package to go for? If I had to, I would take the most expensive one even if I did have masses of sport.

Thanks!

Selima
We have what I thought was a pretty basic package yet it has the TV Cine's(films), Sky News(channel 205) CNN(204) & Fox channels.
Is it via Satalite dish or cable?
If its Sat you must have the basic Cine yet for an extra 5 euros yet get a lot more!(Cine Plus)
http://www.zon.pt/campanhas/Pages/10...ngId=GO1013002

Cable.. it could only be so few channels if you have a pack with net?
http://www.zon.pt/campanhas/Pages/10...gId=GO1013002#

There is also fibre optics, but none have so few channels
http://www.zon.pt/campanhas/Pages/10...gId=GO1013002#