Reload this Page >

Insurance claim or does the state pay

Insurance claim or does the state pay

Old Oct 19th 2017, 2:17 pm
Just Joined

Bluegoose is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Insurance claim or does the state pay

Hi,
I know this may be little early. I was wondering the process for claiming for fire damage. Our friend is asking as his house is badly damaged and does not know the process as he's overseas. Does he need to file a insurance report, contact the council to register the damage or as the embassy said the state will pay for the repairs at some stage in the future, just keep records of damage repair costs materials etc.. Any advice would be a help
Old Oct 19th 2017, 2:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Insurance claim or does the state pay

I was in the same position after the Pedrogao Grande fire & he needs to contact his insurance company & tell them his property was damaged in the fire & needs to make a claim......... & in his case also that he's out of the country & they'll take it from there.

NOTE

If he bought his policy through a bank he'll be much better dealing with the insurance company rather than go through the bank....... Everyone I know that was caught in the Pedrogao Grande fires & tried to go through their bank met with endless obstruction.
Old Oct 19th 2017, 3:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

gedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to behold

as mfesharne says! State would be last hope if no insurance I guess.
Old Oct 19th 2017, 6:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

If insured, definitely contact the insurer and ask what the procedure is.

A German friend of mine has a place in a valley that burner completely 10 or 20 years ago.
After the smoke cleared, the Camara president came to each property owner, including the estrangeros, and asked for damage estimates, which were then filed with the state.
He told me he did get money but it took a while. He was very impressed with it all.

Your experience may differ.
Old Oct 20th 2017, 5:17 am
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute

I should add that in our area at least the help & support of the Portuguese people & local (as opposed to central) Government has been not only incredibly good but also ongoing.

For more than 2 months we had several visits a day to the house offering every sort of goods & support from all kinds of groups (including the local Junta) & individuals.

Houses that weren't insured but were damaged/destroyed are being rebuilt & in the meantime no-one is homeless & the Junta has started sending out compensation cheques for uninsured outbuildings, trees, plants & outside equipment that were lost in the fire.

Hope that puts some people's minds at ease.

And compare that to the stories we hear of the treatment the Grenfell Tower victims have had.
Old Oct 20th 2017, 4:23 pm
Just Joined

Bluegoose is an unknown quantity at this point

OK thanks for the update, we are insured, only the land, olives trees and most of the fencing has gone. His house was burnt badly, but I'm not too sure if he's insured.

Will pass the info on
Thanks