Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Inside Info VVIS, Lagos, Luz, Burgau etc etc etc

Inside Info VVIS, Lagos, Luz, Burgau etc etc etc

Old Feb 16th 2011, 9:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Supremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud of
Default Re: Inside Info VVIS, Lagos, Luz, Burgau etc etc etc

Well Barlavento wasn't negotiable when my son was there, otherwise I imagine they might have negotiated to stop me from taking him out.

Have Sunchild and Dancemania merged? LOL

You are right, Phoenix was, the last time I heard, being run out of a temporary building but the student I spoke to seemed perfectly happy. I believe some of the parents are not paying full whack whilst the school is operating like this. They have only just been given proper status so are going to be well behind the likes of VVIS when comparing facilities...what parents have told me though is that the teachers are fantastic, so as long as the kids are learning and enjoying school I wouldn't be concerned. I wouldn't rule it out anyway.

I wish there was a Portuguese private secondary. Torraltinha in Lagos is an excellent private nursery and primary and fees are based on income, but then afterwards there's no continuation.

At the moment I'm left with the Tecnopolis in Lagos to look forward to next year. Facilities are good, but there is a bullying issue there...seems it is rife in most Portuguese schools.

G
Old Feb 17th 2011, 10:56 am
Just Joined

cupcakes31 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi supremegermalene I got the names mixed up! Your posts are always informative. Really didn't know Barlavento was non negotiable. VVIS and Porches are - at least that's what I know from parents. I might try seeing the director as I really don't want to leave VVIS. Wish me luck.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 12:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Supremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud of

I had no idea VVIS was....I just thought it was a fixed price. Let me know how you get on...

Maybe Barlavento are, they knew I was struggling to pay and didn't offer lower payments the only offer made was to pay monthly over the 10 months term times but if I'm honest I didn't ask the question direct.

G
Old Feb 18th 2011, 7:34 pm
Just Joined

sunchild is just really nicesunchild is just really nicesunchild is just really nicesunchild is just really nicesunchild is just really nicesunchild is just really nicesunchild is just really nicesunchild is just really nice

Originally Posted by Montinhos
Out of interest; We moved here 2 years ago and have 2 kids in VVIS. We are more than happy with the school.
Each to their own of course!
Hello there I just came across your post and was wondering if you could help me. I am currently in the UK and looking to make a move to lagos in the summer.
We have been looking on the net at Vale Verde school and even contacted them. I wanted a insiders view on the school. MY children are going to y9 and y6.

How would you compare uk schooling to vv

hope you can help
Sunchild
Old Feb 20th 2011, 1:32 pm
Just Joined

Montinhos is an unknown quantity at this point

No problem.
I`ll send you a pm in the next day or so.
atb