Reload this Page >

PWD, Pointer and Alentejo x desparatly seeking new homes

PWD, Pointer and Alentejo x desparatly seeking new homes

Old Feb 14th 2011, 1:45 pm
Just Joined

lane-anderson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PWD, Pointer and Alentejo x desparatly seeking new homes

Hi

My family and I are moving back to the UK at the begining of March. I have been living here for five years and during this time we have rescued many dogs.

I have put adverts up everywhere for our dogs but they still remain at home. I would love to take them with us but just cannot afford it and I do not have the time, as this move has had to happen very quickly because a member of my family is very ill.

I have three dogs for rehoming.
Oscar is a pure portuguese waterdog, longhaired, not castrated, around 22 months old. He is fantasic with our three children (who are 3,2, and1).He is very typical in his traits, very high energy, intelligent, loving and loyal. He is awonderfully friendly dog who needs a good home and someone to love him and give him the attention he wants and needs

Bronco is an English Pointer (though crossed very slightly). He is around three years old. We rescued him from a place in Lagos where he had spent all of his life. He is castrated. Great with children but can be a bit grumpy around very young children who pull at his ears. Loves to lie by the fire relaxing and will stick to you like glue while your out and about. He is the most loyal of them all to our family. He is a cherised loved family pet who will be sadly missed. Can be energetic but seems to know that there is atime and a place for these things. Gets on with other animals after a setteling in period but is lovely with other dogs. He is brown and white markings. He really cannot go back to any kkind of sanctuary. He will not fair very well. He will get depressed and very very sad.

Badger is an Alentejo x. A very large dog of less than one year. He is very playful (owing to his age). He is an outside dog, though does not live permantly on a chain. He is a great guard dog. because of his size. We also rescued him from a very miserable life on the street where he would have died had we not taken him. No sancturies will take him because of his size. All he wants from his new home. Is a warm dry bed, a daily meal and someone to occasionaly give him a pat and some attention. In return he will protect your family, house and be a faithful friend.

If you could offer anyone of these wonderful family pets a new and loving hoome in this desparate situation then please contact us. Our phone number is 927231713

I have lots of photos of all of them I can email.

Last edited by lane-anderson; Feb 14th 2011 at 1:50 pm.
Old Feb 14th 2011, 1:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Hog is on a distinguished road
Default Re: PWD, Pointer and Alentejo x desparatly seeking new homes

Hi, just out of interest, where are you located?
Old Feb 14th 2011, 2:13 pm
Just Joined

Suppose that would be helpful to know. We are in Monchique though we are desparate so if someone was sure they would take one of them just by the photos we would happily transport them. We took our pig to the Alentejo the other week.
Old Feb 14th 2011, 5:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud of

We already have 2 PWD's, both re-homed and happy. I am not sure how we would cope with 3! How is he with other male dogs? (Other than yours) We also have a German Sheppard who is top dog!
Shame you got rid of the pig, could have helped there!
Old Feb 14th 2011, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

zanzina is on a distinguished road

Hi there, can you email the photos please, I will see what I can do for you, not guaranteed but i will try to [email protected]
Old Feb 14th 2011, 6:31 pm
Just Joined

zanzina - I have emailed you with the photos of the dogs and little it of extra info on Oscar the PWD. Thanks for you help

Mike- Hi, Oscar is good with other dogs. Bronco is top dog in our house (always has been). Oscar has never tried to challenge him for it. He can be a bit frightened at first around them and tends to hide from them. He has never started a fight but I do have to admit he can be very cheeky and can wind the others up. If a fight ever breaks out its him that is trying to get away. I only know this from seeing him with our Alentejo x who does not like Oscar one bit. He is not dominant at all but can been very demanding for attention from humans. Its all pretty typical traits of a PWD. HE loves the ladys now though (bit of a testosterone teenager at the moment)
Old Feb 14th 2011, 6:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lane-anderson
zanzina - I have emailed you with the photos of the dogs and little it of extra info on Oscar the PWD. Thanks for you help

Mike- Hi, Oscar is good with other dogs. Bronco is top dog in our house (always has been). Oscar has never tried to challenge him for it. He can be a bit frightened at first around them and tends to hide from them. He has never started a fight but I do have to admit he can be very cheeky and can wind the others up. If a fight ever breaks out its him that is trying to get away. I only know this from seeing him with our Alentejo x who does not like Oscar one bit. He is not dominant at all but can been very demanding for attention from humans. Its all pretty typical traits of a PWD. HE loves the ladys now though (bit of a testosterone teenager at the moment)
Sounds so familiar. Our smallest PWD is bundle of trouble (in a fun way) and is always pestering the GS to play. People forget that PWD's need a lot of human input and exercise. Can you send me info too?

Last edited by Mike; Feb 14th 2011 at 6:52 pm.
Old Feb 14th 2011, 6:50 pm
Just Joined

mike- i´ve emailed you the details.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 12:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Supremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud of

Have messaged & texted you

Gx
Old Feb 15th 2011, 1:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lane-anderson
Hi

My family and I are moving back to the UK at the begining of March. I have been living here for five years and during this time we have rescued many dogs.

I have put adverts up everywhere for our dogs but they still remain at home. I would love to take them with us but just cannot afford it and I do not have the time, as this move has had to happen very quickly because a member of my family is very ill.

I have three dogs for rehoming.
Oscar is a pure portuguese waterdog, longhaired, not castrated, around 22 months old. He is fantasic with our three children (who are 3,2, and1).He is very typical in his traits, very high energy, intelligent, loving and loyal. He is awonderfully friendly dog who needs a good home and someone to love him and give him the attention he wants and needs

Bronco is an English Pointer (though crossed very slightly). He is around three years old. We rescued him from a place in Lagos where he had spent all of his life. He is castrated. Great with children but can be a bit grumpy around very young children who pull at his ears. Loves to lie by the fire relaxing and will stick to you like glue while your out and about. He is the most loyal of them all to our family. He is a cherised loved family pet who will be sadly missed. Can be energetic but seems to know that there is atime and a place for these things. Gets on with other animals after a setteling in period but is lovely with other dogs. He is brown and white markings. He really cannot go back to any kkind of sanctuary. He will not fair very well. He will get depressed and very very sad.

Badger is an Alentejo x. A very large dog of less than one year. He is very playful (owing to his age). He is an outside dog, though does not live permantly on a chain. He is a great guard dog. because of his size. We also rescued him from a very miserable life on the street where he would have died had we not taken him. No sancturies will take him because of his size. All he wants from his new home. Is a warm dry bed, a daily meal and someone to occasionaly give him a pat and some attention. In return he will protect your family, house and be a faithful friend.

If you could offer anyone of these wonderful family pets a new and loving hoome in this desparate situation then please contact us. Our phone number is 927231713

I have lots of photos of all of them I can email.
Hi, thanks to everyone for their intrest and help. Can i just ask people to really consider the pointer and the alentejo x (if you need a guard dog). Bronco is the best dog and friend anyone could ever hope for. He is really very very special. He deserves a happy loving home and it really will break my heart to see him go. He is wonderful in everyway. I know he is not as expensive a the PWD but he is a lot easier to look after both in personality and general up keep. He is not as hyperactive, calm, considerate and loyal. When my daughter was born he would not move from my side. He would sit next to her chair, cot or where ever she was sitting. When the children have cried and we have not heard them it has been him that has come to tell us. Such a special dog. Someone please give him a chance. You would gain a perfect family member
Old Feb 15th 2011, 6:18 pm
Just Joined

Update: Oscar the PWD went to his new home this afternoon. Good luck with him guys. Big thankyou
Old Feb 16th 2011, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

Gosia will become famous soon enough

Good! Now the others need to get lucky. I think the forum allows you to put at least one picture of each, why don't you do that?
Old Feb 19th 2011, 4:27 pm
Just Joined

Bronco the Pointer went to his new home in Faro yesterday. He has gone to a Greyhound breeder who wanted a male to keep his female German Pointer company. Thanks to everyone. Just one more to go